+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth short break

I'm Lawrence.

They're certainly opinionated but then so are most of the papers I read and he gives an alternative view often not in most of the mainstream media. I imagine his view chimes with most of his clientele too.

Agree about the staff but I don't think they're any worse than any other chain pub.

The tables can be close on the floors of some of the pubs but they're usually better spaced around the edges like the booths and I try and get one of those. Another thing I like is the pubs are often very nice historical buildings with a decent restoration. It's better than having then turned into flats.

I'm sorted.

Anywhere that does burger and chips and a pint of Guinness for seven quid is ok by me.

I'm Grant.

think with the cheap beer at one time it attracted the wrong sorts, but often the bigger ones in high footfall areas were fine during day at least .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Anywhere that does burger and chips and a pint of Guinness for seven quid is ok by me.
    And the curry club. Although to be fair it couldn't match a proper curry house.

Their new pizzas are pretty good and great value.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    And the curry club. Although to be fair it couldn't match a proper curry house.
    Don’t bother with the curries, they taste ok but you don’t get enough actual curry sauce and meat to go with the rice, nann and poppadoms making the meal too dry.

Tried the pizza, a bit doughy but I don’t think it had been cooked for long enough.

I'm Grant.

Don’t bother with the curries, they taste ok but you don’t get enough actual curry sauce and meat to go with the rice, nann and poppadoms making the meal too dry.

Tried the pizza, a bit doughy but I don’t think it had been cooked for long enough.
    i usually just settled on fish n chips, or the occasional steak pie.. the fish was always fine up here anyway. not been at one since covid tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

True you have to buy the large one with the naan and poppadom just to get barely enough to eat.
    Yes pizzas can be variable probably depends on the kitchen staff and how busy they are.

I always enjoy the 3 bean chili and baked potato though.

I'm Adrian.

Wetherspoons I cannot remember when I last went in one, and I won't be looking for one in a hurry, plastic pubs with food out of plastic bags from a freezer and un-real ale. To be honest a lot of franchise and chain pubs have gone down the same model, luckily we have a few individual pubs not to far away to choose from.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I always enjoy the 3 bean chili and baked potato though.
    Yes, other half usually has a jacket and they always look good.

I’ve been having the smaller burgers with chips, prefer something snackier with a pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Enjoying my £1.25 latte with free refills as I type

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast