+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qobus query.

I'm Alan.

Default Qobus query.

I have recently signed up to the free first month trial with Qobus.

Is it normal that any track choice is limited to play only for the first 30 seconds?

I'm using an Innous Zen mk2 for the streaming.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

sounds like your not signed in or the free month hasnt worked.. check your account
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

A lot of tracks are just 30s snippets as the track/album isn't available on Qobuz.

Does the Innuos show up as a player choice on the Qobuz web app?

As mentioned maybe not properly signed in, try reboot Innuos?

I'm Grant.

i dont know for sure but if it plays to it it is ok. sounds like youve not got a active account hence the 30 sec bits. try signing out and in again ad check if account says you are in with a package.
    mine says active plan, then studio as plan.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

With my old Zen I go into the LMS settings and the options link for the Qobuz add-in and put my Qobuz details in there. Not sure how it works with the Innuos software.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Qobuz occasionally only allows a 30 second snippet of a song in MP3 when the artist/copyright owner withholds it from general streaming.
    If it's happening all the time the chances are you're not logged in, and need to enter your account details into the server.

I know the Innuos Zen stuff is built on LMS, but beyond that I can't help you, as I've never played with one.
    At a guess you'll need to enter device administration on the Zen box.
    Does the Zen have monitor and mouse and keyboard ports?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Alan.

Thanks Chris, the Zen used to be on LMS but they now have their own interface.

You can plug a monitor in but I wouldn't know how to enter the admin. I shall explore on Qobus a lot more this weekend and see whats what.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Thanks Chris, the Zen used to be on LMS but they now have their own interface.

You can plug a monitor in but I wouldn't know how to enter the admin. I shall explore on Qobus a lot more this weekend and see whats what.
    There must be a web interface you can use on a browser on your device though where you put the login details?

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have recently signed up to the free first month trial with Qobus.

Is it normal that any track choice is limited to play only for the first 30 seconds?

I'm using an Innous Zen mk2 for the streaming.
    Alan, I had the same recently, I had changed to DAC to the one in my Marantz CDP, and tried to play an album I had successfully done so previously. The Shpongle album was at 24/44.1 but I had Volumio set to upscale to 192, after 20-30 seconds it would move to the next track. I changed the setting to 96 and then it worked, 24/96 being the max 0f the Marantz DAC. The other DAC I had been using could cope with 24/192.

So maybe you have a similar issue.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Alan, I had the same recently, I had changed to DAC to the one in my Marantz CDP, and tried to play an album I had successfully done so previously. The Shpongle album was at 24/44.1 but I had Volumio set to upscale to 192, after 20-30 seconds it would move to the next track. I changed the setting to 96 and then it worked, 24/96 being the max 0f the Marantz DAC. The other DAC I had been using could cope with 24/192.

So maybe you have a similar issue.
    I've heard about buffer issues in LMS causing streaming to skip to the next track. Higher res is more likely to cause a buffer "overrun" so if you can find a way to increase the buffer it might help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast