+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,175 of 1175

Thread: Jimbos Audio ramblings

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I heard the Pink Floyd play 'Arnold Layne' in Bristol, way back in1968. Syd Barrett was on stage, but it is entirely possible that Dave Gilmour was 'covering' for him in the wings.

Good lightshow though.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I heard the Pink Floyd play 'Arnold Layne' in Bristol, way back in1968. Syd Barrett was on stage, but it is entirely possible that Dave Gilmour was 'covering' for him in the wings.

Good lightshow though.
    Yeah bet those early days were great. I saw them in 1980 at Earls Court playing The Wall for the first time. The experience has never diminished. No one in all the intervening years has come anywhere near close to that experience.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

You two are really lucky! I once managed to catch Live from Pompeii on Channel 4 once.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    You two are really lucky! I once managed to catch Live from Pompeii on Channel 4 once.
    Did you see this photo of me standing outside Earls Court waiting to go in. I am the one in the denim jacket!

A6B59C56-E4E9-4AD1-9800-900394765EB1 by , on Flickr
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Out last night to see a cover band called Darkside. They were resident for the whole weekend at a local venue playing Pink Floyds back catalogue, however last nights performance included the whole of Dark Side of the Moon plus a few choice tracks, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb! To be fair they did a very good job and when they were on it they were very good. The girl who was backing singer was really the star of the show. Her rendition of "The great gig in the sky" was magnificent and probably as good as the original! This is a very difficult piece to sing and she was stunning.

Anyway great night out and very entertaining. Good to see some live stuff although it was a tiny venue. When you hear amplified bass etc you realise your own system sounds like a tiny tranny radio!

IMG_0699 by , on Flickr
    I'd rather see them in a small venue than the proper Pink Floyd in a large venue. Can't stand big gigs.

I prefer listening to the CD than going to a stadium gig.

I went to see Iron Maiden (my fave band) at Twickenham once, watched about 5 mins and spent the rest of the gig in the bar. It wasn't quite the Ruskin Arms.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread