+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimbos Audio ramblings

I'm Brian.

Probably have to read that a few times for it to sink in James
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    yes no need to spend big money on 'dedicated' treatments in order to get significant gains. I have a roll bubble wrap sat on top of a roll of loft insulation in what was an empty and reflective corner and it works a treat.

Of course that's not for everyone.

There are ways around the WAF issues and for those blokes who care about the aesthetics. For example - first reflection points, place a couple of plants there. Maybe not quite as effective as a dedicated panel but still way better than nothing. And no woman in history has ever complained about there being more plants in the room.
    I dare not mention plants helping in a room as my living room will be turned into the Amazon jungle!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I dare not mention plants helping in a room as my living room will be turned into the Amazon jungle!
    Cheap way to do it and you get extra O2 to breathe
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I have a Yukka living next to one of the speakers, looks just like this one. I think it helps a bit. Unfortunately no room for a plant near the other one.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Making something....?

0243BFDA-7594-471E-820E-CB7FFC6DCBBF by , on Flickr
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Kevin.

Ooh, Schwalbe "Nobby Nic" tyres.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Ooh, Schwalbe "Nobby Nic" tyres.
    Well spotted Kev, didn't know you where a Mountain Biker. It is an old school bike - Cove Hummer but it is indistructable as it is an all Titanium frame. Hope dual pot hydraulic brakes and Chris King headset.

F4D26253-008B-4684-813C-92DD07F1FE0C by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/[/url], on Flickr

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Well spotted Kev, didn't know you where a Mountain Biker. It is an old school bike - Cove Hummer but it is indistructable as it is an all Titanium frame. Hope dual pot hydraulic brakes and Chris King headset.

F4D26253-008B-4684-813C-92DD07F1FE0C by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/[/url], on Flickr
    I see your old school, and raise it with an "original" Mount Vision complete with V brakes and upgraded Fox rear shock/Marzocchi forks.
    Last edited by CageyH; 21-01-2023 at 13:46.
    Kevin

I'm James.

A few more from the collection.....

Whyte MTB
    IMG_0466 by , on Flickr

Specialized Diverge Gravel bike
    31F892AE-8253-49BB-8659-9E0BCD88E87E by y, on Flickr

I'm Kevin.

A nice collection...

I have an old school Pine Mountain, used to be fitted with Pace RC35 forks, but I have replaced them with Rigid forks to have a winter trainer/commuter.
    The other bike is an Orbea Onyx.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread