+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimbos Audio ramblings

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    The Marantz amp I have here has tone controls. Never had a play with them (yet)
    Hey mate I only put the pic of the GL75 up to get you going!

I think it was a bad decision by the industry to get rid of tone controls as folk have had to buy and swap sooo much gear to get the bass or treble or clarity they are looking for.

Can you believe it that some folk actually use cables to increase treble top end performance and gain clarity in their system.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

hahaha....ya dirty dog

Yup. I have cables here to do lotsa things with my system. Maybe a slight adjustment with my tone controls will have the desired effect. Watch this space
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    hahaha....ya dirty dog

Yup. I have cables here to do lotsa things with my system. Maybe a slight adjustment with my tone controls will have the desired effect. Watch this space
    Acoustic panels are also tone controls.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Brian.

Yup, be havin a play again soon
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Tricky one that Steve because it would usually go between pre and power. It can be connected between your source and preamp so I would take that as any preamp even one in an integrated?
    Thanks James, I thought that might be the case. I suppose I could either swap between inputs as required (a faff) or some kind of input selector (more boxes)

I'm sure the best solution would come from experiments with room treatment as you've outlined earlier, unfortunately I'd be working against a weirdly shaped room and a missus with very fixed views about room decor. Oh well, new speakers it is then
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Thanks James, I thought that might be the case. I suppose I could either swap between inputs as required (a faff) or some kind of input selector (more boxes)

I'm sure the best solution would come from experiments with room treatment as you've outlined earlier, unfortunately I'd be working against a weirdly shaped room and a missus with very fixed views about room decor. Oh well, new speakers it is then
    I understand your problem

I'm James.

Default A walk from my house

Lovely morning here so decided to take a walk out from my home into the countryside and back. Captured a few photos on the way.

A7463CA4-DA6E-4BF4-9335-2095B8107466 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

CEDE413C-E392-475E-8746-A7D03DD87E09 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

Out into the countryside

2EC4E699-3141-4FE5-AB85-F8AB8B504C65 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

Decided to stop here for coffee.

AB2CE6E4-41FF-4D23-B2CF-764344799DD6 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

Coffee

68C8E082-7761-4053-9F9B-597424E53541 by , on Flickr

5C4A357E-C397-41F9-8A3A-ED9ECCEA6DA4 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

A very sunny morning and just leaving with my listening partner

85B31A28-A9FB-49F7-8F7E-DF70ECCEA426 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

FA9B0184-30B8-45A7-AE46-2E6C7FFEDF0D by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]

I'm Grant.

whats all the, dare i say "crap" on the roof of pub for good pics and a nicer day than here where weve had snow again
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    whats all the, dare i say "crap" on the roof of pub for good pics and a nicer day than here where weve had snow again
    Its Wisteria growing on the pub roof. We had a storm over last day or so and heavy rain so been desperate to get out.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Its Wisteria growing on the pub roof. We had a storm over last day or so and heavy rain so been desperate to get out.
    ah, someone not been pruning and its become a feature now ... can cause a lot of damage i believe.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast