+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimbos Audio ramblings

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice AK4493 chip in that E30 which I think was developed to give a type of R2R sound and I think it uses the same XU208 XMOS USB chip that I use in the Duok DDC. It gets great reviews and I have no doubt it sounds great maybe even better with an LPS.

I should really make an effort and pop up to you and bring my digital set up and we could have a fun bake-off and you can get to try an LPS and DDC hooked put to your DAC and maybe hear the difference.

I will get in touch soon Martin and maybe we can arrange a date?
    Yes we should do that, I have not tried one of these DDC things - I'm afraid I am far too sceptical to go to the effort to buy one to try out. I've had a listen to systems using them but not done any comparisons. I have an LPS I could use for the DAC but I have just not felt the need to experiment since it all sounds so good anyway.

I do have another DAC (Soncoz) that uses LPS (two of them in fact) but to me it sounds identical to the Topping and the Topping looks cuter so I left that in the system.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Been playing with speaker "toe in" this evening. `I had not messed around too much with it previous to putting in some room treatment but now the effect of toeing in the speakers has a much larger effect than before and is extremely responsive to the slightest angle but what is more interesting is how the recording are revealing hidden micro details as well as bigger effects like soundstage layering.

Keeping the speakers facing head on gives a huge sound stage but some detail and imaging is lost even with the first reflection panels. But get the toe in spot on and all sorts of magical things happen. Bass becomes more even and less diffused, Imaging in the soundstage is fantastic. Depth of recorded information is easily heard.

Recordings now sound almost like putting headphones on where you can pin point everything and hear tiny details in the landscape.

I have learnt so much about speaker interaction with the room over the last few months and still keep discovering more. The information and the way the system now sounds is so much greater than before, I would suggest it may even be more significant than buying a new amplifier or cartridge or at least on a par!

It will be interesting when all the acoustic panels have been manufactured and installed and what further sonic discoveries are to be revealed. Waiting for more material at the moment and we need to find some more decorative stuff but even the first few panels have had a very significant effect. Eventually I may try some bass traps if I can work out how to build something that is WAF friendly.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Indeed and there is toe out and toe up too to play with.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Indeed and there is toe out and toe up too to play with.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm James.

I think I have found my next amplifier with 400 watt output so should drive the Heco speakers with very little effort. Amazing price which makes me think some of us audio nuts have been paying over the odds for our gear?

Not sure what the echo button will do to my room acoustics however...??

https://electromarket.co.uk/fenton-a...ia-player-400w

I'm Brian.

Aye jobs a good 'un there. Do I want one? Let me think about it...Mmm no
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Alan.

Ultimate exaggeration. I have sympathy for people that believe this tosh.

Likelihood no more than your current amplifier in real RMS power. Power supply is a 15V adapter, if it was 400W output then it would need to be rated at 27A at least.
    The maximum rating I have seen on a adapter brick is about 5A
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ultimate exaggeration. I have sympathy for people that believe this tosh.

Likelihood no more than your current amplifier in real RMS power. Power supply is a 15V adapter, if it was 400W output then it would need to be rated at 27A at least.
    The maximum rating I have seen on a adapter brick is about 5A
    I would be concerned to plug it in!

I'm Adrian.

Here you go get two of these, stick them in a box, connect up to psu and pre amp, and two 4 ohm speakers and stand at the back of the room. 400w of pure hifi per channel

you might want some emergency equipment at hand, fire extinguisher, swabs for bleeding ears, and spare speakers.

https://purifi-audio.com/vare/1et400a/
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

There again. How much power do you need? My 4 watt amp goes surprisingly loud!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast