+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimbos Audio ramblings

I'm Brian.

And how is WAF coming into effect here?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    And how is WAF coming into effect here?
    Very well at the moment. No resistance!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Whilst I was doing some evaluation I tried some improvised Bass traps. Killed the sound. Damped the Bass and killed the openess of the sound. Also lost some of the soundstage.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Andrew.

Inspired by this thread I removed several pictures with glass coverings. It appears things sound better, surely this is psychological ???
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Jim, which bits of the soundstage are you trying to fine tune? What's your objectives?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    Jim, which bits of the soundstage are you trying to fine tune? What's your objectives?
    Mainly the imaging and top end information. Controlling the first reflection points has had a dramatic effect on all aspects of the soundstage. It is now wider, deeper and all aspects of the recording can now be pin pointed and observed more clearly. Some of the information previously had been obscured by the screwed up reflections and timing I was getting from the tweeters which had bounced it round the room a bit too much.

Now everything in the recording is clearer and more intelligible. Acoustic reflections and recorded ambience are easier to discern and in some cases previously hidden aspects are now resolved far clearer. Bit like focussing a camera lens where you can see the image far clearer.

If you look through some of the links I have put up Andy you will understand what I am trying to achieve and some of the benefits I am now hearing.

Last edited by Jimbo; 29-01-2023 at 06:26.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Very well at the moment. No resistance!
    Lol..good news. You gonna push yer luck?
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Mainly the imaging and top end information. Controlling the first reflection points has had a dramatic effect on all aspects of the soundstage. It is now wider, deeper and all aspects of the recording can now be pin pointed and observed more clearly. Some of the information previously had been obscured by the screwed up reflections and timing I was getting from the tweeters which had bounced it round the room a bit too much.

Now everything in the recording is clearer and more intelligible. Acoustic reflections and recorded ambience are easier to discern and in some cases previously hidden aspects are now resolved far clearer. Bit like focussing a camera lens where you can see the image far clearer.

If you look through some of the links I have put up Andy you will understand what I am trying to achieve and some of the benefits I am now hearing.

Great result for small outlay. Some of us spend thousands to try to achieve what you're achieving here. Are you going further with thicker panels or are you leaving things as they are.
    Any chance of some pictures of size/positioning James.
    That's interesting re bass traps James.
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    Inspired by this thread I removed several pictures with glass coverings. It appears things sound better, surely this is psychological ???
    Very likely what you hear is correct, if the pictures with glass covering are of a reasonable size they will be lovely reflectors, the wall is likelier a deader and less reflective medium so hence the perceived SQ improvement.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread