+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy clones?

I'm Geoff.

Default Tannoy clones?

Spotted these on Chinese Alibaba site.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5b8e224dS8E3M4
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Bob.

Couldn't resist it! Just been looking through the range. How do they get away with it?

As well as Tannoy there are a lot of Bowers and Wilkins copy speakers (802 style) for $2000.

Accuphase power amps, DartZeel clones at $1850. Quoted as "Beyond the quality and sound quality of the original".

So under $2000 vs £50,000.

I know I shouldn't but I'd love to have a listen (not via YouTube).

The world's gone mad I tell you.

The attention to detail doesn't go too deep however. Power level meters on the amp shows

"PEAN POWER LEVEL" (sic, not my typo).
    Last edited by bob4333; 06-01-2023 at 09:43. Reason: (missed a bit)
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / Cadenza Bronze
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by bob4333 View Post
    Couldn't resist it! Just been looking through the range. How do they get away with it?

There's no international copyright law. Although Jaguar did win a case against Jiangling Motors to stop them copying the Range Rover Evoque.

I doubt they are taking much business away from Tannoy et al but I would like to get a listen to the Chinese speakers, some of the look great in the pictures.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's no international copyright law. Although Jaguar did win a case against Jiangling Motors to stop them copying the Range Rover Evoque.

I doubt they are taking much business away from Tannoy et al but I would like to get a listen to the Chinese speakers, some of the look great in the pictures.
    Yeah well Chinese motorbikes look ok in pictures but you wouldn't want to commute on one if your job was important.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread