+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Node paired with vintage amp

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No, it's just marketing.
    If it were just that, I can understand some manufacturers boasting about it (bigger numbers must be better, right?) But surely they must have some effect on the final sound. Might there not be some speakers that are happier with this?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If it were just that, I can understand some manufacturers boasting about it (bigger numbers must be better, right?) But surely they must have some effect on the final sound. Might there not be some speakers that are happier with this?
    I'm not qualified to explain it properly. - have a read of this thread (or just post #7 if you can't be arsed to go through it all) - it will answer some of your questions and maybe pose new ones.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If it sounds good through them then it's fine, I think it just doesn't like the big ones.

I got a Rotel, a big one, sounded like crap, no bass, no top, compressed and mushy. Took it to a mates and put it on his speakers, sounded like the voice of God. You can't underestimate the importance of the speaker load. I think it's the main reason for disagreement about what's a good-sounding amplifier and what isn't.
    Good point mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234