+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yammies in the house ( again ish)

I'm Andrew.

Now a month or so has passed since I completed a full recap of the CA-2010 , sounded good but not great until last week when I cleaned all the switches , after that it now sounds very very good , I think the source selector switch was was the main culprit .
    Ran it all day yesterday in class a and doing the same now .
    Happy days .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Looks good. Proper 'Jap Amp'!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Milton Keynes seems to be where all the best looking hifi ends up. Beautiful amp, I want one!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Yamaha is one of the few companies who, to their credit, have kept 'proper' styling of their equipment. Although I'm not sure the modern stuff is quite as pretty at least it still looks like an amplifier and not a minimalist, featureless, blinged-up shoe-box:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yamaha is one of the few companies who, to their credit, have kept 'proper' styling of their equipment. Although I'm not sure the modern stuff is quite as pretty at least it still looks like an amplifier and not a minimalist, featureless, blinged-up shoe-box:

Yeah, that's pretty good looking, but Andy's still has it in the handsomeness dept. I reckon the wood casing helps. And I think the meters look better in separate windows too. How sad is that? And remotes? Really not bothered, the exercise is good for me.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

No you're right on all counts I think.

it's still better than this monstrosity, which is sadly typical now:

Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Remember when Marantz was arguably some of the best looking kit on the market? But now this:

Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Remember when Marantz was arguably some of the best looking kit on the market? But now this:

Yeah, it looks a bit like this emoji -

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Andrew.

It’s quite attractive when naked too…
    Vu’s without the diffuser, I prefer it with .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

No you're right on all counts I think.

it's still better than this monstrosity, which is sadly typical now:

minimalism, which is cool now aparently.. not too bad that ive seen worse.

the yam turned out nice andy.. lovely thing
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast