+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with binding posts polarity

I'm Andrew.

Default Help with binding posts polarity

Morning gents ,
    I’m in the process of fitting proper binding posts to the B&O’s and the crossover output polarity is different on each!! On one the + is brown and negative is - grey but it’s the other way around on the other speakers crossover, I’m confused now

Should I just ignore the colour coded wires and do as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

as long as the wires go to the right places it doesn't matter, suspect that's what the bloke who wired them up thought anyway
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    as long as the wires go to the right places it doesn't matter, suspect that's what the bloke who wired them up thought anyway
    Weird though as it looks like they’ve come from the factory like that , it threw me for a bit .

I'm Geoff.

Hook up only the bass driver to the crossover and test with a small battery making sure that any other wires are not touching anything. If the bass cone moves forward each time intermittent contact is made with the battery positive going to crossover positive and both crossovers do the same then there's no problem. It's just possible that the bass drivers might be antiphase and move inward, but if both do the same no issue, just wire them back up as marked.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Cheers Geoff.

I'm Grant.

if they sound great then leave them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if they sound great then leave them
    I am Grant , just seemed strange that they would use opposite coloured wires .

I'm Alan.

Yes that is a bit weird.

One foolproof way to test if the speakers are in phase is to play some bass heavy music, position the speakers facing each other and close together.
    If in phase there will be plenty of bass, out of phase there will be hardly any.

No test kit required.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Yes that is a bit weird.

One foolproof way to test if the speakers are in phase is to play some bass heavy music, position the speakers facing each other and close together.
    If in phase there will be plenty of bass, out of phase there will be hardly any.

No test kit required.
    Cheers Alan .

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Cheers Alan .

Plenty of bass

+ Reply to Thread