+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red dot on tweeter

I'm guy.

Default Red dot on tweeter

Hi,

looking for advice on tweeter polarity - Scanspeak D2008, is red dot (brown cable) positive?

image ru

many thanks in advance.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

usually the red marking is for pos
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Cheers Grant
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm charles.

Yes, terminal marked red will be tweeter's +VE, however it may be connected electrically out of phase to be acoustically in phase around the crossover point.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Yes, terminal marked red will be tweeter's +VE, however it may be connected electrically out of phase to be acoustically in phase around the crossover point.
    Cheers - I wanted to know as I was changing over the D2008's for a Hiquphon OW1 (which has + marker on terminal). Apparently, as you say, the tweeters are connected out of phase at the crossover but I just wanted to do a "like for like" connection.

Now all done and feeling rather pleased with the job
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

The OW1 is likely to be a couple of db less sensitive than the D2008. You may or may not notice this.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The OW1 is likely to be a couple of db less sensitive than the D2008. You may or may not notice this.
    Yes, that did worry me but initial impressions are very good (using in a mk1 Rega Ela)
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Lawrence.

Most of the speakers I've tried would have benefitted from a 1-2db drop in the treble. The ones I've found most satisfying in the long run are those that wouldn't, Kef Reference Models 1-4 and my current Amphion Kryptons.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Greg.

I though you meant something like this.

IMG_1265.jpg

This is red felt inside my Monacor DT300 tweeter.

This required some surgery on the driver.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregje View Post
    I though you meant something like this.

IMG_1265.jpg

This is red felt inside my Monacor DT300 tweeter.

This required some surgery on the driver.
    I think that would be well beyond my skills
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast