+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Terry Hall

I'm Steve.

Default RIP Terry Hall

Passed yesterday aged just 63. The man behind The Specials, Fun Boy 3 and Colourfield. Much of his stuff not my cup of tea (apart from The Specials), but a real talent nevertheless.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes sad news indeed. Like you, I liked The Specials (well I guess I had to, as I'm related to Jerry Dammers), but was aware of Fun Boy 3, though I didn't have any of their recordings.
    Barry

I'm Lloyd.

Sad news indeed , when it came out I got Protest songs in the right mood a good listen and I got encore too much more fun here and pleased I got them to go along with my original 1979 Specials album bought when it came out with paper round money back in the day … such passings reminds me to find some pleasure in every day no matter how that day goes , my condolences to his family and friends
    A widower finding solace in music

I'm Josie.

I cried yesterday... He was a bit of a hero for me. Always appreciated the specials and his stuff.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes sad news indeed. Like you, I liked The Specials (well I guess I had to, as I'm related to Jerry Dammers), but was aware of Fun Boy 3, though I didn't have any of their recordings.
    Blimey... you've kept that quiet. How cool is that.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

It might be cool, and although Jerry Dammers and I are of a similar age, the relationship is a little indirect: Jerry is one of my mother's uncle's grandsons.

The family, on my mother's side can be traced back to 1550. Large parts of their tree are occupied by some quite distinguished members, but it also has a few 'eccentrics' there as well.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

It might be cool, and although Jerry Dammers and I are of a similar age, the relationship is a little indirect: Jerry is one of my mother's uncle's grandsons.

The family, on my mother's side can be traced back to 1550. Large parts of their tree are occupied by some quite distinguished members, but it also has a few 'eccentrics' there as well.
    I can go back to 'Tonald Grant frae Skye' ... he beachcombed after church on Sunday in his best suit, and continued to do that well into his 90's.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Do you mean 'Donald grant frae Skye'? Do you have your own tartan? The family on my father's side is Scots, and I believe they had thir own tartan (I used to have a kilt as a small boy (complete with sporran). I also had a gazetter of the Scots tartans but aeemed to have lost it.

You might find this of interests Grant: https://www.google.com/url?esrc=s&q=...-4TdhaZvqgybB2. And if your Donald is Donald Lord of Skye, then we are talking 1417 when he succeded to the Earldom!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Do you mean 'Donald grant frae Skye'? Do you have your own tartan? The family on my father's side is Scots, and I believe they had thir own tartan (I used to have a kilt as a small boy (complete with sporran). I also had a gazetter of the Scots tartans but aeemed to have lost it.

You might find this of interests Grant: https://www.google.com/url?esrc=s&q=...-4TdhaZvqgybB2. And if your Donald is Donald Lord of Skye, then we are talking 1417 when he succeded to the Earldom!
    I come from a long line of Grants from the Skye area and on mainland. Tonald, or Donald.. (tonald was the way it was said verbally).. was 19th century, and i am named after him, as was my mother. alas i will be the last in the line on my side as daughters children don't have the moniker sadly.

grant hunting.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

i will add there were lots of tonald grants...sort of one every generation. we were at culloden, but on the gov's side lol. we knew where our bread was buttered
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast