+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAD D1000

I'm phil.

Default TAD D1000

Any one heard this Sacd player if so any thoughts or observations
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Mike.

Have had mine for a few years now

Superb

Replaced Rega Isis and Belles Pre Amp. DAC also in the same box
    Underrated and cheap for what you get.
    Battleship build quality. More inputs and outputs than you could need

Mk2 noticeably better than Mk1
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm phil.

Ok what’s the redbook and Sacd playback like as will use this as a player/dad won’t plug anything into use the day, it’s between this and dcs Puccini with clock
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Tony.

Red book is it' strong point, far more natural and realistic than most at this print. Have performed many Rossini & Clock V's DA & D1000 that was with the original Rossini strike rate of 7:3 in the favour of the TAD, the Apex board does tip the balance but thats £6K ontop of the Rossini but it is dcs and that sound. If you are a fan of dcs then you may prefer that clean hifi polished sound. The Tad produces a far more engaging and enjoyable sound to my ears and many others. However only you will know this when you listen to the DA1000 for yourself.

The MK II is a big step up from the original and the TX version is setp up again. No issue with CD drives TAD manufacturered a number of them for each player produced. In the nines years this product has been available we have not seen one single CD drive issue.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Mike.

Put better than I could !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

At £15,000 new, I would expect it to be no less than perfect!
    Barry

I'm Mike.

£15000

Money to burn some peeps

I'm phil.

Not money to burn just reached that point where I want to put together that final system and spend the rest of the time enjoying the music, and I’m getting there piece by piece slowly, but it’s sounding great, to my ears, and looks amazing.
    Last edited by moodybuilder; 30-12-2022 at 10:30.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    £15000

Money to burn some peeps
    there's no need to spend anything like £15K to get perfect digital playback but there are other reasons to want to own the TAD. It's superbly engineered, looks good in an understated way, and is no doubt a pleasure to use. If someone has the money and wants it then why not?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

RRP around £12000 from the partial info I can see.

You can use just the CD player but

It is also an excellent Pre Amp, replaced my Belles as it sounded better
    plus a top quality DAC
    All sorts of inputs
    XLR

Other technical stuff I'm sure

Mike

+ Reply to Thread