Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
Only just spotted this, Ken ... glad you got sorted ... looks a really nice choice for your system
Yeh, very pleased with it Peter, the combination of Phono/deck/arm/cartridge works very well. The only thing I changed on the LDA was the Knob for adjusting the loading, with the one fitted, it was not obvious which setting it was pointing at. So I put one on, with a bar type upstand and a line running down the side, much easier to read. Its not continuous rotation and has detents for each setting, which I lined the new knob up with.

I've also done a cap upgrade on my Schiit Freya+ Pre Amp, which cleaned things up, in terms of a clearer view into the music. The DC blockers on the output were Wima's which are OK but nothing special, I substituted these for V-Cap ODAM and the improvement was significant. The mod was recommended by Nick at LDA, when he found out I would be using his phono stage into a Freya Pre Amp. He had done this mod for a customer and said it was well worth doing. He wasn't wrong.

I also got a pair of active near field studio monitors (Event Opal) and feed the Freya's balanced output straight into these.
They are front ported Die Cast Aluminium cabinets, Beryllium Tweeter, Neodymium magnet mid-woofer, with 1inch linear excursion. The mid-woofer has twin 2.5" voice coils, one wired out of phase, so one pushes the cone forward, the other pulls it back, gives tighter control over cone movement. Lots of technology went into the design and they even came with a calibrated Mic and software, to help adjust the front mounted controls for optimum in room response.
They use 270w amp for Bass 50w for Twt, these are old school class A/B amps and the adjusters for room acoustics are all analogue, no DSP used at all, they way 21kg each!
They image really well and have an insane amount of bass for a 7.1" woofer. Its classed by some as 8" (to the frame) but its official piston size in the spec is 7.1".

I don't know if you will be going Peter, but I will be taking them to NEBO-13.
I'm having a lot of pains in my joints and I just can't manage the size/weight of my modified NS-1000m, so these smaller lighter monitors should help for bake offs etc. I'm also planning on doing the WAM show in October, it's near Barnsley this time round, maybe see you there?