+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry, another 1210GR post - cartridge suggestions?

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I was asking as I think I have some valves left over from my ownership days. They are of no use to me….
    I see you are about an hour and a half away from me.

As for the cartridge, another option is the AT20SLa. You can still get NOS stylus from a French supplier at a reasonable price, assuming you like the AT house sound.
    Hi Kevin. Sorry for the delay in responding. I do still have the original valves that Alan Kendal supplied with the Monos, so I have a backup if one of my current Mullards fails. But if you found something that sounds rather good, I'd be interested. Perhaps you could tell me how much you'd like for them and we could work out how to get them to me - post I guess, or we could meet up in, say, Montauban for a coffee and a chat. I could pay by French cheque or bank transfer to a UK bank or a couple of bottles of Chateau Nottooshabby. Let me know. I'll keep an eye out for an AT20SLa too.

I'm Kevin.

From memory, I have some Dutch gold pin Mullard and some Siemens Munchen gold pin.
    I will check, and get back to you, probably in the new year, as work is really busy right now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    From memory, I have some Dutch gold pin Mullard and some Siemens Munchen gold pin.
    I will check, and get back to you, probably in the new year, as work is really busy right now.
    Okay - that's fine - I'm in run-up-to-Christmas mode! If you want to move this conversation to email, I'm robmuggleton1@ gmail.com. Have a good Christmas.
    Last edited by Macca; 17-12-2022 at 21:25.

I'm Mike.

I think you should try the AT 540ML, mine is as good as the Nagaoka Mp200 and others.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I think you should try the AT 540ML, mine is as good as the Nagaoka Mp200 and others.
    Thanks - that's very useful to know. I'm finding the SL-1210GR a delight!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Muggleton View Post
    Okay - that's fine - I'm in run-up-to-Christmas mode! If you want to move this conversation to email, I'm xxxxxxxxxxxx Have a good Christmas.
    Probably a good idea to redact your email address and instead use PM. There are loads of robot scrappers looking for email addresses to harvest.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

I put a gap in it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Muggleton View Post
    Thanks - that's very useful to know. I'm finding the SL-1210GR a delight!
    If it was 'Made in Britain' it would cost 5 times as much. A true design classic, although many of the features are redundant, 78 rpm, pitch shift etc.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Probably a good idea to redact your email address and instead use PM. There are loads of robot scrappers looking for email addresses to harvest.
    Thanks - stupid of me!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I put a gap in it.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12