+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dating over 50! Websites and such...

I'm Sandy.

For the sake of equality of opportunity etc, I don't dismiss the larger woman, both of my wives have been well provided for physically, but I am not keen on skinny celebrity types, so please don't recommend them to me, I had enough dating that Paltrow woman... with her candles. She wouldn't take no for an answer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    It was Mothers Pride in the east End of Glasgow, Duke St I think and I was an apprentice engineer when they were building the new factory! 1982 ffs!!! I was 19! Hot summer, I was in my shorts and builders boots. Incendiary in retrospect...
    Clearly Glasgow was a bit behind the times fashionwise. "YMCA" brought that look to the charts 3 years earlier Did your mates in the east end of Glasgow not tell you to "Go West!"?

I'm so sorry, I'll get me coat.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Clearly Glasgow was a bit behind the times fashionwise. "YMCA" brought that look to the charts 3 years earlier Did your mates in the east end of Glasgow not tell you to "Go West!"?

I'm so sorry, I'll get me coat.

I'm Mike.

Only just in Wales... but I know what you mean.
    When I was 18 I worked in a major bread bakery in Glasgow- on the way to the changing rooms/toilets I would get sexually harassed in a way that would not be correct these days and wasn't really then, by women my mum's or aunt's age, and what they threatened to do to me in the shower was, well, scary!!!
    You're close to Newport then? My home town, the women there are looser than a, uhhhh, searches brain for a loose analogy, looser than a dog off a leash, no, looser than an untied lace, no that's shit. Wait, looser than a split bag of potatoes, oh shit, I'll get me coat. Anyway, go to Newport, and hang out in a town centre pub.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    You're close to Newport then? My home town, the women there are looser than a, uhhhh, searches brain for a loose analogy, looser than a dog off a leash, no, looser than an untied lace, no that's shit. Wait, looser than a split bag of potatoes, oh shit, I'll get me coat. Anyway, go to Newport, and hang out in a town centre pub.
    Not close, sadly, or perhaps not... Half way up the border, Montgomery. There's always Wrexham if I'm not choosy!

I'm Martin.

Not close, sadly, or perhaps not... Half way up the border, Montgomery.
    Lovely part of the world. I used to go out with a bird who lived in a converted barn near Church Stoke so I used to stay there periodically. Apart from cars and electricity I don't think it was at all different from how it was in the 1800s.

No-one seems to know about that area, it doesn't seem to be on the tourist map. At least not when I was there but that's almost 30 years ago now so maybe it's all changed. I sort of hope not.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Lovely part of the world. I used to go out with a bird who lived in a converted barn near Church Stoke so I used to stay there periodically. Apart from cars and electricity I don't think it was at all different from how it was in the 1800s.

No-one seems to know about that area, it doesn't seem to be on the tourist map. At least not when I was there but that's almost 30 years ago now so maybe it's all changed. I sort of hope not.
    Wife and kids are near Church Stoke, up a hill... Bishops Castle not far. I've been in the area about 20 years- not much has changed other than the Co-op have taken over Tuffin's supermarket so they don't sell welding rods anymore!! You are welcome to visit.

I'm Martin.

Wife and kids are near Church Stoke, up a hill... Bishops Castle not far. I've been in the area about 20 years- not much has changed other than the Co-op have taken over Tuffin's supermarket so they don't sell welding rods anymore!! You are welcome to visit.
    I remember Tuffins, I think they had three stores? A shame they have gone.

I used to get the bus from Newcastle Under Lyme to Shrewsbury and my lady would pick me up from the bus station. I don't know if that service even runs anymore. It was always full of RAF personnel as it ran past some air force base. Happy days, even though I was on the dole and dead broke.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It was always full of RAF personnel as it ran past some air force base. Happy days, even though I was on the dole and dead broke.
    RAF Shawbury. I spent 4 weeks laying the runway there as a University summer job. I could tell you a tale about the day we took a roadsweeper round to the mess for lunch and had to abandon it in the car park when the air brakes got stuck on. The RAF were fine about it but the foreman was not pleased.

I'm Grant.

lost air... happens a lot
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678