+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USBe Perfect ... WOW

I'm charles.

Default USBe Perfect ... WOW

I bought this little gadget that is intended to fit between a USB A connector end it's destination but have read that it will help at the source end as well. I bought this to go between a HDD USB cable and Oppo 103D player but have only tried it between my Bryston BDP-1 player and flash drive.

The BDP-1 is a well built and highly regarded unit so I was not expecting much in the way of improvement but I was very pleasantly surprised with the 'new' sound. Some female vocalists that I just avoided because of the cringe-worthy screech were now listenable, even enjoyable and well recorded and produced files were enhanced to the point where the sound seemed more relaxed yet very informative.

I get the impression that there has been a lowering of the noise floor where sound stage depth and width is more convincing and overall a more immersive experience is had. It's a case of more there there. Still to try it on the Oppo

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/produc...r-usbe-perfect

I'm Graeme.

Sounds a lot like the Audioquest jitterbug device.https://www.audioquest.com/streaming.../jitterbug-fmj. I see the USBe Perfect is quite a lot more expensive though.

I'm charles.

Yes it is more expensive but got for a fair price on Black Friday deal. I'm very happy with what I'm hearing and relating this to other tweaks/components I've tried find it very good value. As mentioned I have not yet tried it connected the Oppo.

When researching this device I saw a review where he had compared it to the Jitterbug and found the USBe superior. Probably system dependent.

+ Reply to Thread