+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAC Schiit Modius with balanced/XLR inputs/output, SPDIF, TOSLINK, Unison USB

I'm Stuart.

Default DAC Schiit Modius with balanced/XLR inputs/output, SPDIF, TOSLINK, Unison USB

Schiit Modius DAC - which I've owned for about a couple of years. Presently not being used. I'm currently using a Rega DAC-R and quite frankly, I found it almost impossible to hear any difference in sound between them.

This is the version with the AKM 4493 DAC chip. Connection-wise, it offers USB, optical, co-ax and Balanced (XLR) inputs, with RCA or balanced outputs. So just about all bases covered. It has Schiit's USB Unison technology - worth a read up as I'm not clever enough to give a technical explanation!

Powered by 5v DC and you'll see in the last photo that I connected it up to a battery pack to illuminate one of the front LEDs. I've been running this connected to a Raspberry Pi streamer.

Also on the last photo - please note a surface mark to the extreme right hand side of the unit. This is about 2/3mm wide and I have no idea how it was caused. Close up photo available if required.

The serial number has been blanked out by me for security reasons. It's all correct and present on the unit itself.

When compared to new price in the UK or importing from the USA, I hope I've set the price fairly.

I am really only looking for local collection or a meet up somewhere along the M4 corridor between Chippenham and Newbury. I also travel to Salisbury quite frequently if that helps anyone. This may have to change in time if no-one 'local' to me is interested in the DAC.

Price £215

Thanks for looking.

I'm Stuart.

I'm Stuart.

Happy to listen to a sensible offer before I’m ‘forced’ down the auction route!

I'm Stuart.

Posting now an option - RM Special Delivery.
    And happy to listen to sensible offers.
    The DAC is above entry level (price new in UK £340 and not a lot cheaper when imported).
    Thanks

I'm Stuart.

Final bump for this lovely little unit.
    I realise that it’s not ‘high end’, but it’s a notch or two above what I would regard as entry level.
    Reduced to £200 plus postage if not collected/meet up.
    Thanks

I'm Stuart.

Last throw of the dice before I put it back in the cabinet.
    £185 plus PP for any fellow AOS members.
    Collected or a meet up also an option as mentioned above.

I'm Stuart.

Withdrawn from sale.
    Not sure how to archive, or even if you can.

+ Reply to Thread