+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For December

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No idea what the outside temperature has been, except it was cold. Only popped out briefly to visit the garden shed.

In doors it's 20C, so only two layers of clothing. I have however turned off the radiators in the unused bedrooms.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Leeds Liverpool canal (which passes quite close to us) had ice on it this morning. Probably not enough for the ducks to walk on yet though. That never happened at all last winter.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Down to 0C outside now. A trifle brisk!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Leeds Liverpool canal (which passes quite close to us) had ice on it this morning. Probably not enough for the ducks to walk on yet though. That never happened at all last winter.
    I did have a look to see if the Trent-Mersey was frozen over this morning, but it wasn't. Must be colder up your way.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Down to 0C outside now. A trifle brisk!
    just been talking to my next door neighbour on the doorstep and it is stupid cold. Full moon too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Minus three here right now. I don't know what my ice-ometer is showing, I'll check when it gets lighter.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Minus 3C outside with frost over everything and 13C inside, I've put the heating on low, should be OK indoors in half an hour or so.

And BBC forecasters say the cold weather has yet to arrive. Hmm...
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No idea what the outside temperature has been, except it was cold. Only popped out briefly to visit the garden shed.

In doors it's 20C, so only two layers of clothing. I have however turned off the radiators in the unused bedrooms.
    Might be worth heating unused rooms one at a time in rotation Geoff, to avoid any damp issues. Unless your house is pretty new.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Might be worth heating unused rooms one at a time in rotation Geoff, to avoid any damp issues. Unless your house is pretty new.
    I've never heated all rooms. Any damp problems have been minor and dealt with in the spring, although I do notice the landing cupboard doors have swelled and stick, I'll run the belt sander up 'em when I get round to it!

I'm Robin.

Warmed up to 0c at the moment
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast