+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fooked potentiometer

I'm Mike.

Just ordered a pair of the Lintons, I read two reviews, and they seem to be what I'm looking for. They were £1100 with the stands, that was the best price I could find, bought them on 0% finance too, so ain't gonna hurt the pocket too much. They certainly look the part, fingers crossed on how they're gonna sound!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

I'm in trouble now if you hate them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Oh sh1t

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm in trouble now if you hate them.
    haha, no, I know enough about hifi now to expect the worst! What I liked about the reviews is that they said they suited music made in the time the originals were around - the 60s/70s, and it quoted an Alice coltrane LP which it said was rendered listenable, whilst other speakers made it sound thin. They sound exactly what I'm looking for, and they look great with the stands they come with. But as ever, won't know until I get them. The Suggie might not appear to be a good match on paper, but I don;t think this edition of the a21 is as warm sounding as earlier ones. Aldo the suggie with the proacs renders high pitched wind instruments absolutely unlistenable, so something had to give. Was tempted to go back to the valve amp, but I just miss the pin point bass and snappiness of solid state.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Don't know how I lived so long without a remote control.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Don't know how I lived so long without a remote control.
    Yeah, for a lot of people 'no remote' would be a deal breaker. I use a remote for the Sky box and telly, but as for the amp and CD player remotes, well they're round here somewhere, probably in a drawer.

Mrs. Pony had an all-in-one voice-activated remote for putting kettle on, putting bins out and emptying dishwasher. She just starts her command with "Oi", and it happens. Eventually.

Good luck with the Lintons, if they sound as good as they look, you'll be a happy bunny. For about a month Just kidding
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Just ordered a pair of the Lintons, I read two reviews, and they seem to be what I'm looking for. They were £1100 with the stands, that was the best price I could find, bought them on 0% finance too, so ain't gonna hurt the pocket too much. They certainly look the part, fingers crossed on how they're gonna sound!
    I hope they do the business for you, as the man said in Stereophile review careful posting or it may get a bit Boom Boom, they are twin rear ported so to be expected if too near the wall behind them..

"After some experimentation, I ended up with the Lintons' cabinet fronts about 43" from the wall behind them. I liked having the Lintons toed in so that the tweeters' lines of sight crossed just in front of my nose. In this position, the Dead's "Ripple" still had a touch more bass swell than I prefer, but the sound was sweet, deep, elegantly detailed, and harmonically extended overall."
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I hope they do the business for you, as the man said in Stereophile review careful posting or it may get a bit Boom Boom, they are twin rear ported so to be expected if too near the wall behind them..

"After some experimentation, I ended up with the Lintons' cabinet fronts about 43" from the wall behind them. I liked having the Lintons toed in so that the tweeters' lines of sight crossed just in front of my nose. In this position, the Dead's "Ripple" still had a touch more bass swell than I prefer, but the sound was sweet, deep, elegantly detailed, and harmonically extended overall."
    Shit, that's almost 4 foot! I can site them about 2ft away from the wall, if they need more, I'd have to change the room around, if that's possible. Can I block the ports as an alternative?
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 24-01-2023 at 18:27.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah, for a lot of people 'no remote' would be a deal breaker. I use a remote for the Sky box and telly, but as for the amp and CD player remotes, well they're round here somewhere, probably in a drawer.

Mrs. Pony had an all-in-one voice-activated remote for putting kettle on, putting bins out and emptying dishwasher. She just starts her command with "Oi", and it happens. Eventually.

Good luck with the Lintons, if they sound as good as they look, you'll be a happy bunny. For about a month Just kidding
    It didn't help that my old amp was basically on the floor, and I'm tall! Now new amp on the floor, not an issue, and cd player has been raised up a level, so easier to load, just need to find a remote for that, don't know why it didn;t come with one.

I'm Steve.

It didn't help that my old amp was basically on the floor, and I'm tall! Now new amp on the floor, not an issue, and cd player has been raised up a level, so easier to load, just need to find a remote for that, don't know why it didn;t come with one.
    Marantz remotes seem to work with almost everything
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast