+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record clamp

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Apologies Mike, for messing with your sale. Although you're getting lots of free bumps... Again, GLWS.
    No worries, think I'll keep it in my arsenal.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm David.

Lots of humorous interjections here, but has anybody offered a serious explanation of the virtues of using a record weight? Or a weight versus a clamp?

I'm Steve.

A clamp will be threaded, so your t/t's spindle will have to be too. But they will be lighter, which may better suit some decks with belt drive or less torquey motors, and are less likely to affect suspended subchassis. more of a faff screwing on/unscrewing though.

A record weight will just drop onto the spindle, so quicker and easier.

As for improvements sq-wise, it will be a suck-and-see, some may give audible improvements, some may not. Cheap enough to be worth a try though imo.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

This is a record weight. Not clamp.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Keith.

If you still want to sell it Mike I'll take.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marra View Post
    If you still want to sell it Mike I'll take.
    Okey dokey.

I'm Keith.

Many thanks Mike the weight arrived this morning.

I'm Mike.

Bloody ell that was quick

I'm Keith.

Just what I thought.

I'm Steve.

Especially with how things are at the moment - I'm still waiting for something off Ebay which should have landed by Wednesday.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12