+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to scare “sangliers” (wild boar) away from your garden?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Find out what local farmers use, they'll have it figured.
    they probably do use a 12 bore

gunshot, dogs, loud voices are noises that scare them off usually. they are strong and stubborn so fence needs to be strong. walls are even better but costly. electify fence if possible too.
    did read that there are human foods they dislike intensely so a mix of these things can be spread about. apparently human hair too can put them off.. much depends tho on what the rewards are in your garden i guess.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

They are basically turning the turf over, looking for whatever is buried.
    Holes all over the place, so cutting the grass next year is going to be fun.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm guy.

No help to your situation, but I love a wild board saucisson.

although, thinking about it - any saucisson makers in your area, they may know local hunters?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Kevin.

I know the local hunters.
    One lives next door, but they are not allowed to hunt in my garden, due the proximity of other houses.

I have found where they are coming in, so Imam going to try and set up an alarm to scare them away before they get in my garden.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steve.

Electric fence would be just the job if the electricity was coming from the mains. You might just get some free wild pork to stock up your freezer. Not sure how effective a normal electric fence would be - as kids we were always fascinated by them, and if I was by the fence woe betide anyone who brought his ears within my reach
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I know the local hunters.
    One lives next door, but they are not allowed to hunt in my garden, due the proximity of other houses.

I have found where they are coming in, so Imam going to try and set up an alarm to scare them away before they get in my garden.
    Is this what he does when he's not running the local mosque?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Electric fence would be just the job if the electricity was coming from the mains. You might just get some free wild pork to stock up your freezer. Not sure how effective a normal electric fence would be - as kids we were always fascinated by them, and if I was by the fence woe betide anyone who brought his ears within my reach
    I've been zapped by electric fences a couple of times when taking short cuts.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Patrick.

Electric fences will work for most animals - they keep horses and cows in so a little 150kg boar should be no problem.

We have holes in our lawn but that's just Border Terriers.

I'm Dave.

Having seen the carnage inflicted on fields, allotments, gardens, forests etc by Wild Boar, I feel guilty moaning about worm casts.

Good luck.

I'm Geoff.

Try Marmite!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they probably do use a 12 bore

gunshot, dogs, loud voices are noises that scare them off usually. they are strong and stubborn so fence needs to be strong. walls are even better but costly. electify fence if possible too.
    did read that there are human foods they dislike intensely so a mix of these things can be spread about. apparently human hair too can put them off.. much depends tho on what the rewards are in your garden i guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast