+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Dedicated mains parts - Top quality - (Maybe swap for a Quad 306 or similar)

I'm Josie.

Default FS: Dedicated mains parts - Top quality - (Maybe swap for a Quad 306 or similar)

Hi all

After some building work being done to the house. I've no longer use for these items.

A nice set of parts to make your own dedicated mains supply.

Here is a list of things:

MK Consumer unit including x2 of the best circuit breakers and mains switch. Made by MEM.
    As a package, you can't really get much better. The none metallic casing is better for EMI/RFI rejection and the switches are really excellent

1x Mains junction box - Although you would need another one of these, they're not expensive to buy. I do have the other one but the casing accidentally cracked when it was removed.

2x Ferrite blocks (One for Negative cable, and one for positive cable)

10m reel of cable. There might be more but I can't remember. + Some quite long sections which were used. Still perfectly fine. I thing it's 10mm - Very thick stuff. Excellent.

It was installed for about 2 years before we decided to change things around so not very old.

I'm asking £170 ono inc. delivery. (The box would be very heavy)

(Maybe swap for a Quad 306 or similar)

Paypal please.

Last edited by The Black Adder; 23-11-2022 at 15:21.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Bump

Maybe swap for a Quad 306 or similar
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

open to offers

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Hi Josie,
    I'm not sure what this impressively heavy duty kit is, so could you explain where it goes please? i.e. Does it go between the mains socket of the hi fi system, or is it for the mains circuit of the house? I assume it's improve the power supply which improves the performance of the hi fi equipment?
    I've been thinking about improving my mains supply, but don't know where to start.
    John
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Josie.

Hi John.

Sure... No probs.

You have it wired in from your meter in to the small black junction blocks and from there, one set of cables go to your house consumer unit and another set of cables go to the hifi consumer unit.

From that unit you wire two sockets to near your hifi.

Of course, you need someone who's electrically qualified to do this. It's not something you do yourself.

The consumer unit is abs plastic. I think the new ones are metal so it's recommended to ask your electrician if they are okay to fit it.

I had it fitted for £150 all in two years ago and he was fine about it.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The latest regulations (as of 28.03.2022) require that all new consumer units fitted, regardless of complexity, have a metal enclosure.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

Ah... yep.

Thanks Barry.

Well, a metal case shouldn't be too expensive so I'm open to even better offers.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Hi Josie,
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realise it would need such extensive electrical work to fit. It would be too disruptive to have the work done, so sorry it's not an option for me.
    John
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Josie.

Thanks John... no problem.

Just for your interest, it only took 3 hours to fit in my home, so pretty quick.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Now looking for £75 inc. post for the RCD's, consumer unit, ferrite blocks and the single junction box.

Cable still available but it's very heavy and so might not be worth while.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread