+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any surveyors, architects, or builders here?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Alex.

Default Any surveyors, architects, or builders here?

Any surveyors, architects, or builders here?

My house is a semi-detached, and over the last year the attached neighbour has had extensive work carried out to his house.

This includes a rear and front extension, taking down of the chimney breasts on party wall, new roof with non matching tiles to mine, disturbing my tiles and putting a fiberglass valley under them. Flashing around shared chimney stack disturbed and not replaces as it was.

1) The party wall agreement defines that power tools will not be used for removing chimney breasts. But they have been used extensively. There appears to be no comeback on that, what happens when these agreements are not met. What can I do about it? Is there any penalty for this?

2) It appears that the party wall agreement is not observed, but just used as a tool to allow access to my house. What can be done when the agreement is broken by one party?

On a semi-detached property where the remodelling party uses roof tiles that do not fit in with existing structure, can they just change the water handling design of the other house without any notice?

Many thanks
    Last edited by spendorman; 14-11-2022 at 16:16.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread