+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Metrum Musette R2R 24 bit Dac

I'm Alan.

Default FS Metrum Musette R2R 24 bit Dac

For sale is my Metrum Dac with upgrade modifications.

I bought this to see how the Metrum approach to R2R conversion performs, the answer is very well.

Top unit in picture:

The design was brought out in 2015 using the Transient DAC 1 modules, this example is later and uses the Transient DAC 2 modules which are a good step up from the DAC 1.
    The DAC 2 modules use two 16 bit R2R chips concatenated but using the top 12 bits of each to give 24 bit performance with accuracy and low noise.

Has 2 coax SPDIF inputs plus optical and USB, with RCA audio outputs.

I have made 4 modifications to improve the performance even further, the first was fitting a filter on the mains input:

The second was to fit an ultra low noise regulator feeding the digital supply of the DAC 2 modules:

The third mods was to replace the two main supply reservoir capacitors with low ESR versions.

The forth mod was to increase the analogue supply voltages to the DAC 2 modules, the more advanced Metrum models have a greater supply voltage to increase performance, all using the DAC2 modules.

Offered at £550 including UK postage.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Keith.

You have pm

I'm Alan.

This is a NOS Dac.

All PM's replied to.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

I've had the pleasure of having this on short term loan from Alan - well built and superb sounding, even my cloth ears could hear the improvements it brought to my CD player. Just bad timing for me to buy it

Buy with confidence, then sell it on to me in the spring, when I'll bite yer hand off
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

Now SOLD.

+ Reply to Thread