+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Glenn Croft Meant to Me.......

I'm Josie.

What a blow... I can't believe it.

So very sad indeed. Glenn was a true genius in my eyes. Someone with integrity, no nonsense and, well an all round great man to deal with.

Very sad to hear. I deepest sympathies to his family.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Rob.

Very sad news.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Alex.

Sorry to hear this, RIP Glenn.

Never met him, but years ago I battled with him on eBay, he was buying up almost anything that had Celestion HF1300's in (good taste in my view).
    Spendorman

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Sorry to hear this, RIP Glenn.

Never met him, but years ago I battled with him on eBay, he was buying up almost anything that had Celestion HF1300's in (good taste in my view).
    There will be a room in Scarborough stacked full of of old Celestion Ditton's.

I'm Matt.

Regarding Croft Acoustics

It was Glenn's express wish that when he was gone also his amplifiers (his legacy) go with him.

With that intention in mind I have this afternoon instructed that servers at croftacoustics.co.uk be deleted. This will most likely be in effect by tomorrow evening.

Anyone who wishes to archive reviews or pictures or anything from the site should do so as a matter of urgency.

I own the copyright for many of the pictures on the site, I am happy for anyone to use pictures for their own non commetcial use with Glenn's final wishes in mind.

Of course the many loyal dealers who still own stock are free to do as they wish with those stocks. Anything on the bench not currently completed will remain as is.

As sad as this is to many that is what Glenn wanted and he will always be the boss.

Thank you,

Matt O'Donoghue.

I'm Ian.

Top guy, i had the pleasure of meeting him at Tom Fletchers (rip too), on a few occasions. The hifi world has lost another true genuis

I'm Shaun.

Another great loss.

I'm David.

I bought a Croft 25 Pre from Tim at Divine Audio after a home trial maybe 15 years ago, and it was the first piece of audio I had owned that made me feel I was in the realms of Hifi.
    I later added a pair of 7 monos to upgrade from Arcams and subsequently had these updgraded to a 25RS custom and 7Rs.
    I called in on him a few times in Scarborough to deliver or pick up items in for upgrade, the last time just two years ago. He was a lovely guy to deal with and shoot the breeze about cricket and music. Mainly cricket, of course.
    He will be remembered by me and the friends of mine who have had the joy of hearing their favourite music played as it should be heard.

RIP Glenn, my life is better for having known you.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Robin.

A little on the late side wanted to add my own message acknowledging Glenn's passing.

A lovely example of Glenn's generosity was a kind offer to repair a Tube Technology preamp that developed a fault - and then charged me the princely sum of just £35 for doing so when I'm sure anyone else would have added at least a zero.

Subsequently in summer '21 - and via HiFiDave of this parish - I acquired a RS LS preamp and 7R 100W Monoblocks (pic attached). I cherish these anyway but a little more so now knowing they will be one of the last of a unique line.

Farewell Glenn, RIP

IMG-20211111-WA0005.jpg
    Last edited by robinb; 03-01-2023 at 16:55.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12