Hi All,

Just a quick blog today. If you are open to a different approach to your traditional two-way set-up, then why not try an omnidirectional speaker from German Physiks, which creates an immersive listening experience that can be shared together, widening the conventional sweet spot.

We recently unboxed a brand new pair of HRS-130s and set them up in one of our rooms at the HiFi Lounge. After reading the comprehensive manual, we fixed some spikes, carefully placed them into position and started the burning in process. After initially setting up the demo pair without spikes, fixing them to the new arrivals has made a significant difference on our carpeted floor and resulted in a more positive response in the low end, creating a tighter and more focused experience. Although they haven’t been fully broken in yet, which can take up to 40 hours, they grabbed my attention every time I walked through the room.

The overall sound is inviting and open, encouraging you to stop what you are doing and listen to music which can only be a good sign. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it. They don’t seem fussy with placement and feel like they will work in many environments due to their clever design and wide dispersion. I have to say German Physiks match very well with Mcintosh sonically and visually. We have a selection of German Physiks Loudspeakers available to demo in various high-quality finishes, so if you are open to this immersive experience, please get in touch.

Equipment

• German Physiks – HRS-130
  • Mcintosh MC642 – Stereo Amp
  • Mcintosh C2700 – Vacuum Tube Pre
  • Melco N50 – Music Library
  • Chord Electronics DAVE – DAC

The Brand

German Physiks have been making some of the best omnidirectional loudspeakers since 1992. Designed and manufactured in Germany, the full range of loudspeakers embody the same DDD driver, which eliminates the crossover point in the mid-range. The DDD driver also has a wide frequency range, typically from 200Hz to 24Khz and is phase linear across this bandwidth. All frequencies in its operating range radiate evenly through 360 degrees around the loudspeaker in a horizontal plane producing a stereo image you can enjoy from a wide range of positions in the listening room. Omnidirectional loudspeakers have gone from a curiosity that few people were aware of and even fewer had heard to a class of loudspeakers that you will find at almost any audio show and offer a different approach to the traditional two-way set-up.

https://hifilounge.co.uk/product/ger...0-loudspeaker/

Regards,

Billy.