+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Thiel CS 2.2 3 way floorstanding speakers

I'm Alan.

Default FS Thiel CS 2.2 3 way floorstanding speakers

I thought these would be keepers but I am trading up to something better.

For sale Thiel CS 2.2 three way speakers with better than original performance.

The crossovers have been extensively re-capped and the speakers re-wired with PC-OCC cable.

Specifications:
    33Hz - 27kHz +/- 3dB, 35Hz - 20kHz +/- 2dB
    Crossover frequencies 800Hz and 3kHz, 6dB/octave
    Impedance 4 ohms, 86dB/W/m, 50-250W

They feature a passive bass radiator and these have replacement tweeters fitted as the originals were faulty.

Re-capped crossovers, two boards, LF and MF/HF in each speaker:

The cabinets are incredibly solid with extensive internal bracing. Each speaker weighs 37.2 kg.

Connection is underneath in the incorporated plinth:

Speaker dimensions are 108h x 34d (base) x 31w cms.

Price is £1500, delivery can be arranged for petrol cost. Welcome to audition at Firebottle towers.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Alan, if anyone further oop North is interested, they could be kept at my place. Would save a bit of travelling And could be auditioned here.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

Thanks for the offer Steve, that's certainly possible.

Anyone in the north of England interested? Will make pickup easier with shorter distance.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Alan.

Bump for a very fine pair of speakers.

These could be end game for someone.

I'm Ken.

I heard this pair at a recent NEBO meeting, nice sounding speaker with surprising bass depth for the driver size and capable of working in a large room.
    GLWS.

I'm Lawrence.

Were the tweeters a like for like replacement Alan?

I'm Alan.

Not Thiel tweeters but a good match.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 06-11-2022 at 07:44.

I'm Adrian.

I heard a pair of those a few years ago and very nice they were too, there are quite a few reviews singing their praises,
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Alan.

Bumpy bump.

Spread the word to all your mates/contacts, there could be a deal to be made.

I'm Alan.

Bumpy..

Someone make me on offer on these fine speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast