Default wtd - svetlana EL34 winged c matched quad

As per title.
    Thanks

I'm Colin.

I'm Philip.

Thanks but not at that price.

I'm Adam.

Hi Phil,

About 6 years ago I inherited a Unison Research S6 amp from my late uncle.

He had a set of 6 of these valves in it. I think that they came from Watford Valves.

After about a year one of the valves red-plated and I took the whole lot out because he also had another set of different EL34 valves which I put into the amp.

So, I have a set of 6 (one of which is dead) out in my garage doing nothing at the moment.

I wish there was a simple way of getting them tested to see how good they are now. As I said up above, I only used them for a year.

Let me know if you are interested in discussing them any further

I'm Adam.

I managed to find this place in Edinburgh:

http://www.timetravelaudio.co.uk/ser...ing-servicing/

If I get all 5 of them tested and they are all of a suitable quality would you be interested in buying them?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post
    Thanks but not at that price.

Try buying original Winged "C" from way back when for that price, you'll probably pay three figures for a single EL34, and don't ask about price for the KT88's of similar vintage
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Malcolm.

If you are still after a Quad of these I bought some from Hotrox back in Feb 23 but I have sold the amp on now. I reckon around only 30/40 hrs use on them. I doubt you will find a better price than Hotrox anyway for these rare and wondeful sounding valves. A clear difference over EH Tungsol etc only Gold Lion can compete.
    £160 for the 4 I will cover post UK only.

I'm Philip.

Hi,

That's a good ptice.

I'm actually sorted and using mullards.

But thanks anyway.

I'm Philip.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread