+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Primaluna EL34

I'm Mike.

Default Wanted: Primaluna EL34

As per the title I’m looking for 1 or 2 Primaluna EL34 valves, pm me if you have some spare thanks.

Mike

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    As per the title I’m looking for 1 or 2 Primaluna EL34 valves, pm me if you have some spare thanks.

Mike
    Upon seeing your thread title, my first thought was "Why does Mike want another amp?" Do Primaluna make their own valves?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

In think they're rebadged but I forget who makes them.

I'm Mike.

Shuguang?

I'm Mike.

I’ve got one valve that’s being a bit naughty, keep getting a bad valve light every now and again

I'm Mike.

So an update and end to my search. I decided to send a message to Primaluna via their website, within an hour I had Herman van den dungen sending me a message back asking for a photo so they could match the build, he then let me know that he still has a few left with a few hours on them and if I wanted he would send me the best measuring one and only charge me half price, so I snapped up 2 of them as spares, great service and a great amp

I'm Steve.

That is impressive service Mike, from people who clearly care about their products and their reputation. Good you're getting sorted.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    In think they're rebadged but I forget who makes them.
    PrimaLuna have a presence on another Forum and the question of Tube origin was raised there, though not specifically mentioned in this quote, EL34's were being discussed.

Answer from PrimaLuna.....
    Shuguang till they got down. PSVane since then. All PrimaLuna products come with PrimaLuna Silver Label tubes which are pre-selected by us following our simple 60 out of 100 rule (Premium Tube Selection). The other 40 are returned to the factory, won't come back to us anymore, and will be mainly used for guitar amps. The tubes which are sold through our office in The Netherlands are again each checked and measured and if wanted, matched. From here we also supply -if available- KT120 and KT150 tubes. No 60 out of 100 selection for these types, but we do check, measure and if wanted, match. And we print the PrimaLuna logo on these after all the other work is done and the tube is accepted. 5AR4's are Russian made on supervision of the US. Like KT120 and KT150.

When they say the Shuguang got down, I think its referring to drop in quality, English is a second language after all.

I'm Lawrence.

n August 2019, the largest manufacturer Shuguang closed its factory in order to move to a larger and more modern location. Unfortunately, the new production facility has not been granted permission for two years now. In the meantime, leading employees have left or have been compensated. This probably means the end of the Shuguang Electron Tube Factory.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    n August 2019, the largest manufacturer Shuguang closed its factory in order to move to a larger and more modern location. Unfortunately, the new production facility has not been granted permission for two years now. In the meantime, leading employees have left or have been compensated. This probably means the end of the Shuguang Electron Tube Factory.
    That was online but another source says there was a fire. Either way I think they're gone. Maybe Shuguang could become collectible at some point

To be fair their power valves were perfectly serviceable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast