+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Liv Zen (early Innuos) ripper/streamer 2Tb

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Yeah certainly don't look as smart as the Statement but if you don't mind separate boxes and you're on a tight budget you can get 80/90% (guess) of the performance for a fraction of the price.

I've taken maxing out performance at a low price to a bit of an extreme but it saves me money, I've had a lot of fun on the way, and it's rather satisfying as well.

Forget to mention the carpet underlay under the Zen, I had to buy about a 2x3m roll minimum for £30 odd but it's saved me a lifetime of messing with feet
    Like the idea of using carpet underlay. I used an Amazon mouse matt under my turntable motor for a good while but could still detect noise getting through to the stylus so replaced this by standing the motor on 4 small discs of sticky sorbathane rubber. This did the trick and almost eradicated all noise getting into the stylus. I like these budget ideas as they can be very effective.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Lawrence.

It's actually too big a piece a small square under each foot would suffice but I haven't got round to cutting them

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Chris.

CORK works well under things too.
    Chris.

I'm Pete.

Hi Lawrence. I have been after a Zen for quite a time but am very new to these type of devices. I would only use it to rip my cds too probably not going to use it for streaming. I have a beresford Caiman with a usb connection and l can connect to the Ethernet with a cable so that should be ok.
    Do l need anything else for this to work in my system, just for playback of the stored cds?
    Would you be able to post it?
    Thanks.
    Pete.
    Pete.

Main amp is an Electrocompaniat eci2 Sony qs930 cd, Sony tuner,Stan dac,modified x10d with little pinkie se and of course Quad esl57s fully serviced with much better legs and widgets. Sometimes swap to my kef reference 3s or Rogers pro9 Tls.

I'm Lawrence.

Hi Pete yes I can post I will PM you

I'm Lawrence.

This is now sold but if anyone wants another I still have 2 and may move to just CD in my second system (old skool!). So could work something out in January if anyone is interested.

I'm Lawrence.

Meridian 508 now set up and sounding sweet in my second system so second 2Tb Liv Zen now available if anyone wants it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast