+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to CDs and iPods-article in Grauniad

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I back CD to survive. Some of the reports about vinyl sales exceeding CD sales seem to confuse value with units and you can get two or three new CDs for the price of one new vinyl LP. Manufacturers are still launching new models eg Marantz. I don't want to exhume the tired argument about merits of analogue versus digital but if the loudness wars are gradually receding then all of this means that CD again becomes an attractive format to folks who want some engagement with a collection and who can't afford the exhorbitant cost of vinyl.

Pete

I'm Martin.

CD sales now following vinyl in defying the bell curve:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/14/2...ion-of-america

CD sales in the US for 2021 increased for the first time in almost two decades, according to data published by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Shipments rose from 31.6 million in 2020 to 46.6 million in 2021,

about 30 percent increase in one year. Could be a blip but it's a big blip. And they said that about vinyl and that's into it's 13th consecutive year of sales growth now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12