+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luxman PD 151 turntable

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    It looks very similar in architecture (relationship of motor position to platter) to the higher end Teac TT's (I have a TN570) and Fluance rim drive TT's. The SAEC tonearm's are used by Teac and they have slightly different builds. Look at the TN550/570 arms and the TN 55BB that have very similar arm pillars.

So you might be paying quite a premium for the Luxman name and hefty platter. That said, I do like the sound of my Teac TT and the SAEC arm fitted to mine is very happy running a 2M Black.
    And ..... Audio Technica has just jumped on this same boat to develop the LP2022. The speed control will be the same as Teac and Fluance no doubt (works well) and the LP2022 looks to have a SAEC arm as the others, looking at the arm pillar and mech (mine is ok running a 2M Black). I wonder if Adam will have one for review?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    And ..... Audio Technica has just jumped on this same boat to develop the LP2022. The speed control will be the same as Teac and Fluance no doubt (works well) and the LP2022 looks to have a SAEC arm as the others, looking at the arm pillar and mech (mine is ok running a 2M Black). I wonder if Adam will have one for review?
    I'd happily give it a go, but it would require a bit of brain recalibration from the items I'm reviewing at the moment!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I'd happily give it a go, but it would require a bit of brain recalibration from the items I'm reviewing at the moment!
    I can imagine. I still remember your Beolab 90 demo; utterly stunning :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12