+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Energy usage- valve amp!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Got to confess I've never even considered it.
    Try it, getting into nice freshly ironed bedding is a great experience.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    I have to agree with that - my live-in ironer does a top job. Bedding is the only thing that gets ironed normally. Though if I lived on my Bill it wouldn't top my 'essential chores' list.

We probably save a fortune by not ironing stuff - Mrs. P. reckons the tumble dryer knocks most of the creases out
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Not sure if I agree - though it might be true for some materials/fabrics.

Wouldn't dream of wearing un-ironed clothes.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    I've experienced it in hotels so I know what you mean.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

The great thing about valve amps is that you get too heat your home at the same time as listening to music so a piece of kit that has dual purpose!

I would say they are actually an energy saver and because you dont have to turn your heating on great for the environment.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The great thing about valve amps is that you get too heat your home at the same time as listening to music so a piece of kit that has dual purpose!

I would say they are actually an energy saver and because you dont have to turn your heating on great for the environment.
    Funny the things we tell our spouses to justify our toys

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Funny the things we tell our spouses to justify our toys
    Yes indeed I have made all sorts of convoluted justifications in the past
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

My usual one is that it keeps me out of the pub. My drinking contemporaries spend waay more than I do on their hobby.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My usual one is that it keeps me out of the pub. My drinking contemporaries spend waay more than I do on their hobby.
    Exactly my excuse but it happens to be true. Anyone who saw me at the Wam show knows what I'm like when I haven't got my system

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Exactly my excuse but it happens to be true. Anyone who saw me at the Wam show knows what I'm like when I haven't got my system
    Lawrence, I did see you at the Wam show for all of five seconds - you stuck your head round the door, told someone to say Lawrence001 been round, then was gone before I could get off my arse to say hi... Way too quick for me, like a room-hopping ninja

Maybe next time, if the asylum seekers don't get the place first.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast