+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth receiver

I'm John.

Default Bluetooth receiver

I want to play wireless music from my phone to a Hi Fi set up. I'm looking for a simple blue tooth receiver that has phono outputs to connect to my amp or dac.
    It's a second system upstairs so I don't want to spend a lot. Anybody using something similar, or have suggestions?

Thanks John
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Grant.

avantree do a few. this one should do you, but there are cheaper ones too. it'll be 3.5mm out but a stereo twin rca to 3.5mm will get you going i thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQYYD...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

That's a good place to start my search Struth. Thanks .
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp

I'm Geoff.

I have one of these in the cupboard somewhere. Optical and coaxial out, plus analogue out via 3.5mm to rca.

Sound quality very good and easy to pair using NFC.

Let me know if you are interested.

https://www.soundsolutionscanada.com...usic-receiver/

I'm John.

Thanks Geoff.

With NFC does the phone have to be next to the receiver to work?

John

I'm Geoff.

No. NFC allows pairing by placing the phone beside the receiver. Thereafter it can be used at a distance. IIRC the range was about 10m or more.

I'm Andrew.

In truth till this weekend I had never used Bluetooth for a main system source and the general view seemed to be that BT limited the sound quality . Due to internet issues I was able to borrow an iFi Zen Blue mk2 and used that connected to a tablet and streaming Qobuz . I have to say the sound was brilliant and I would not have been able to tell if it was an ethernet stream or BT . Having read a little bit about the iFi after the show I know this has things like Apt x and Aptx HD so not you simple BT connection and I also appreciate that they are a bit spendy for just occasional use . But the sound quality and the rock solid connection was highly impressive . I may well be talking myself in to buying one just to have for Shows in case internet can not be solved .

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    In truth till this weekend I had never used Bluetooth for a main system source and the general view seemed to be that BT limited the sound quality . Due to internet issues I was able to borrow an iFi Zen Blue mk2 and used that connected to a tablet and streaming Qobuz . I have to say the sound was brilliant and I would not have been able to tell if it was an ethernet stream or BT . Having read a little bit about the iFi after the show I know this has things like Apt x and Aptx HD so not you simple BT connection and I also appreciate that they are a bit spendy for just occasional use . But the sound quality and the rock solid connection was highly impressive . I may well be talking myself in to buying one just to have for Shows in case internet can not be solved .
    ive been using bluetooth exclusively for a while now. its extremely good, as you say pretty much impossible to tell its not hd.. i use a long range version, so can go upstairs with cans on and its still excellent.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Thanks Geoff. I'll look into the options a bit more before deciding. How much do you want for it?

I'm Geoff.

As it's not being used, say £20 including delivery.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast