+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi-fi Wigwam Show 2022 - Photos

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    That was the only downside for me also. Compared to Scalford, the beer was meh, and the food on offer was abysmal. They really need to get that sorted if they return there.

Otherwise, all good. Did anyone who visited the room with vintage Philips gear pause to wonder if we've really come very far since the 1970s?
    I had some good food while I was there. Once at the local curry house on Friday night and then on Sunday when I got a footlong veggie delight with extra jalapenos and ranch sauce at the Subway next door.

I'm Ken.

Thanks for sharing Martin.
    I must do the Wigwam show again.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I had some good food while I was there. Once at the local curry house on Friday night and then on Sunday when I got a footlong veggie delight with extra jalapenos and ranch sauce at the Subway next door.
    But none of that food came from the Hotel, other WAM Shows have had a bar and restaurant open so you could get a plate of food is my point.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Thanks for sharing Martin.
    I must do the Wigwam show again.
    Me too, the last one i did was with Alex when we did the "cheap as chips" room back when it was at Scalford, it was hard work especially there with no lifts just stairs, but a fun couple of days never the less

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Me too, the last one i did was with Alex when we did the "cheap as chips" room back when it was at Scalford, it was hard work especially there with no lifts just stairs, but a fun couple of days never the less
    Yeh, same hear, shared a room with Gordon "Halfwaytree" at Scalford.
    I remember two old guys trying to haul a 50Kg valve amp down those stairs, when I was struggling with my considerably lighter NS-1000m.
    The room we had was terrible, a creaky wooden floor that sucked up the bass, still enjoyed it though.

I'm Hugh.

But none of that food came from the Hotel, other WAM Shows have had a bar and restaurant open so you could get a plate of food is my point.
    Yep. According to the Show Guide "Both bars open"...Nope, The Main bar never opened, and, "!2:00-14:00 Restaurant open for lunch"...Nope. You could get a meagre sandwich and pop/water for £5 from the small bar that was open.

I'm Lawrence.

I know I was being sarcastic

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Yep. According to the Show Guide "Both bars open"...Nope, The Main bar never opened, and, "!2:00-14:00 Restaurant open for lunch"...Nope. You could get a meagre sandwich and pop/water for £5 from the small bar that was open.
    Apparently the hotel were sceptical and didn't think many would turn so didn't prepare. The Wam staff are going to make sure the next one is better.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Apparently the hotel were sceptical and didn't think many would turn so didn't prepare. The Wam staff are going to make sure the next one is better.
    Fail to prepare - prepare to fail

I'm Steve.

Nice to see.

Gone are the days of the 'Monster raving looney horn speaker' conglomerate
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12