+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EBay bargain

I'm Mike.

Default EBay bargain

So a few weeks ago I started looking for a Mission 774 arm, I’ve always fancied one just to know what all the hype’s about. Anyway checked out all the usual places and I saw one on eBay but it was attached to a TD160 Super, so I sat and waited and noticed there were no bids going in, with 2 days of the auction left I sent a very cheeky offer and was expecting either to be ignored or told to fcuk off, anyway to my surprise it was accepted and I was then told it comes with a free amp too.

went today to collect everything was wrapped, and the seller told me the amp needs a service but it’s in good nick for a 70’s amp, go home and unwrapped a Pioneer SA7800 which looks very retro, the question is, is it any good?

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Grant.

pioneer is a very good amp; they look good too; may need caps doing. sounds like a great scoop for you..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Nice amp, high quality and high spec for the time, a classic jap integrated.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

It's from 1980 and looks like it was fairly high end at the time.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

So I’ve got a Mission 774 in what looks like very good condition, a Thorens TD160 super in very good condition and a Pioneer SA7800 that may need a little work all for £299 I think I’ve done rather well

I'm Grant.

the amp in good nick is worth that alone
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I think so too Grant, all i really wanted was the arm and TBH the arm's with £300 too.

i'll post some photo's, but being that i've driven 300 miles today and the WAM show is tomorrow and that will be another 200 ish miles i'll not be doing it today

I'm Mike.

the Amp

[IMG]IMG_0505 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm Martin.

Lovely stuff.

There's a bloke on eBay asking £1100 for one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Lovely stuff.

There's a bloke on eBay asking £1100 for one.
    Ebay is weird though, asking and getting are 2 different things, but it does seem to be a battleship of an amp, all the controls are metal and operate with a reassuring click

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast