+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrard 401 in plinth with 12 inch tonearm

I'm Tim.

Default Garrard 401 in plinth with 12 inch tonearm

Offered for sale is my Garrard 401. Its not an early one, nor a recent one - somewhere in the middle..

This unit has had a very professional repaint courtesy of Falcoren - in gunmetal grey - and a complete refurbishment by Martin Ware. This turntable is therefore in very good working order and looks a picture. It has the Kokomo bearing mod. Martin does a lot of work on idlers and knows his way round them like an expert, cos he is one!

It is housed in a smart layered birch ply plinth of familiar appearance and has received 2 coats of yachting varnish. There are no visible marks or blemishes as it had little use. I have also include three spare armboards I have made for Rega fit tonearms, they need some varnish but are there for an option and if needed I could make the buyer more for the cost of the materials.

It is fitted with a simply fantastic tonearm the Inspire X200 12 inch tonearm. These are worked on by Audio Origami before final build up at Inspire. These tonearms show a clean pair of heals to some very much more expensive arms. Rob at Inspire fits these to his most expensive turntable so he is confident on its abilities.

I'm pricing the 401 in its plinth with tonearm at £1300

If I split up then the tonearm will be £500 and the 401 in Plinth £900 so save a bit and buy them both as a ready to go turntable

The Cartridge is NOT included in this sale.

It is too big to post so it's collection or possible wam taxi or collection from the wam show

I'm Tim.

Bump up

I'm Tim.

Tonearm gone
    Open to a Easter weekend offer On the 401
    £800 seems reasonable

I'm Tim.

Just added new faceplate

I'm Steve.

I was going to say I also have the Inspire X200 arm on my t/t, and it's all the arm I'll ever need, but it looks like someone else has recognised its value
    Oh well, good luck with the rest of the sale!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread