+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spendors in the house

I'm Lawrence.

Aha it's top secret until I've got hold of them

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    I currently have these lovely Spendor BC1 speakers in the house. I picked them up from Andy (Andyrlb) last weekend. Thank you mate. I bought them along with the Arcam A85, T51 and CD72 he also had for sale, for my older brother who was after a set up for his place in France.

I'm very impressed with them. I'm trying them out on the Partington stands which usually have my Kef Reference 103s on. Andy had supplied a set of stands with them but to my ears they sound so much better raised up a little although aesthetically I'm too sure. Just been playing some Ornette Coleman, Talk Talk and Edo Lobo. All sounding stunning. Its going to be a wrench handing them over when the time comes. May have to source a pair for myself although it may be difficult to find a pair in such good condition. I've tried my level best to upload a photo but alas no joy.

https://flic.kr/p/2nMxqRe
    Great speakers.

I'm Shaun.

Had a pair of S3/5R2's back around 2018 and thought that the mid/vocal was superb. Now use KEF R5's but the treble detail on the Spendors was more detailed and intricate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12