+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy HPD12 crossovers recommendations

I'm Horacio.

Default Tannoy HPD12 crossovers recommendations

I would like to replace the crossovers in my mint Devons. MainlyTannoy offer a variety of crossovers but my budget is limited. I wonder if the VS series (with Jantzen Z Cap Superior), £495.00 is worth twice the price of the VS series (with Clarity ESA), £240.00.

How many Tannoy users on this forum have replaced their speakers' crossovers?

Cheers,

I'm matt.

I don't like Jantzen z superior. They sound too smooth and soft to me.

I'm Heinz.

Quote Originally Posted by F575M View Post
    I would like to replace the crossovers in my mint Devons. MainlyTannoy offer a variety of crossovers but my budget is limited. I wonder if the VS series (with Jantzen Z Cap Superior), £495.00 is worth twice the price of the VS series (with Clarity ESA), £240.00.

How many Tannoy users on this forum have replaced their speakers' crossovers?

Cheers,
    What is the reason you want to change your xover resp. parts of it?

I'm Alex.

I have a pair of Devon's, my opinion is that what they need most is bigger cabinets.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I have a pair of Devon's, my opinion is that what they need most is bigger cabinets.
    They do. As well as the Devons, I also had the Cheviots utilising similar drivers and crossovers in bigger boxes and the bass limitations of the Devons was very apparent. Certainly worth a cabinet change. And this does away with the need for stands without occupying more floor space.

I found it odd that the smaller Eatons with ten inch HPDs had superior bass performance to the Devons, but they did.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread