+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B&W DM6

I'm Horacio.

Default B&W DM6

Hello,

Any opinions regarding the sound of the B&W DM6 and if the general opinion is positive, will they work properly with my Berning ZH-230 OTL valve amplifier [30W/Ch]? Please see ad, received seller's offer for $1K.

Cheers,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40368832907...0bfc%7Ciid%3A1

I'm Lawrence.

Haven't heard them but I know they are well regarded and rare vintage B&Ws that attract a premium. It still feels a bit steep to me, going on what I've seen in the UK I'd have said about $600 but then anything is worth what someone's prepared to pay.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Haven't heard them but I know they are well regarded and rare vintage B&Ws that attract a premium. It still feels a bit steep to me, going on what I've seen in the UK I'd have said about $600 but then anything is worth what someone's prepared to pay.
    yes i'd say about the same, there are a pair in the UK currently at £260 with about 8 hours to go on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354259788...Bk9SR4Dx1ePmYA i can see them reaching £600 but not much more, but you're in the USA so there may be a different price depending on quantity and popularity, looks like all the ones with high buy it now prices i.e. over £1000 don't seem to sell

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Horacio.

Vintage British speakers are easy to find in Canada but not in the States, the problem is that shipping has now become so expensive and it is a deal breaker. In the early eighties I had the opportunity to buy a pair but I bought the DM7, they sounded better to my ears.

I'm Mike.

I see that pair in the UK on ebay went for £310, that's a long way from the price in the USA or is it just a seller thinking he has something more valuable than they actually are and no one buys, you see a lot of over inflated buy it now prices on ebay and old hifi is about the worst. if i was you i'd do a bit more negotiating, maybe draw his attention to the pair that have just sold for £310, if it was me i'd not go over $600 they just aren't worth any more than that.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Horacio.

Less than $1K he wont consider it. Yes, you are right, almost everything is overinflated I think that cars are worse than old hifi. Juts take a look at Bring A Trailer auction prices, $12K for an AVIA [Renault 12] that did not even run with more hole than a tea strainer.

I think that I will replace the crossovers in my Tannoys and that will be it, they are superb speakers anyway.

+ Reply to Thread