+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heybrook TT2 - Restoration Thread

I'm Brian.

Just wondering mate. I'm not a T/T aficionado like you. Earlier today I put a pair of unshielded cables on the output of this little iFi phono stage and it sounds great. I was expecting a lot of hum, but it sounds great with no hum

Good result mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I can see pics now. ��
    HOORAY!

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Just wondering mate. I'm not a T/T aficionado like you. Earlier today I put a pair of unshielded cables on the output of this little iFi phono stage and it sounds great. I was expecting a lot of hum, but it sounds great with no hum

Good result mate
    That's cos you got no grounding issues.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Looks like it mate. That'll do me
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

I've had the Heybrook TT2 looking across at me now for several weeks just asking when I'm going to refurbish the veneer. It's looking thin in places and TBH I didn't really want to do a complete replacement for the veneer. I'm not the best at this job and whilst I can do the veneering (to a reasonable level) I decided to keep everything original and lightly sand out some of the more superficial scratches and then apply a resto polish and then have a look at the results. Things have actually turned out really well and I'm happy with the results, I don't think I'll be doing anymore with the veneer side of things, altough, the deck still needs a few small details finishing. That's the beauty of this little resto, everything has been done slowly and generally when I've felt like doing something. So here's a few more pics.

SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

I've had the Heybrook TT2 looking across at me now for several weeks just asking when I'm going to refurbish the veneer. It's looking thin in places and TBH I didn't really want to do a complete replacement for the veneer. I'm not the best at this job and whilst I can do the veneering (to a reasonable level) I decided to keep everything original and lightly sand out some of the more superficial scratches and then apply a resto polish and then have a look at the results. Things have actually turned out really well and I'm happy with the results, I don't think I'll be doing anymore with the veneer side of things, altough, the deck still needs a few small details finishing. That's the beauty of this little resto, everything has been done slowly and generally when I've felt like doing something. So here's a few more pics.

SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Shane.

Looks better than mine now!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Ian.

Very nice restoration Andrew and a good read too! You've saved a good turntable there, congratulations.

I'm Brian.

Nice work Andrew. Great result, well done
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Looks better than mine now!
    Wow, that's high praise! Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Very nice restoration Andrew and a good read too! You've saved a good turntable there, congratulations.
    Thanks Ian, yep I think your correct. After owning two other belters a LP12 and a TD160 Super, I would say that this is my favourite, both sonically, and simply for the design. It's a very well though out deck.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Nice work Andrew. Great result, well done
    Thanks Brian. Your comments are always welcome.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

A small wee update and a weird finding. So, after messing about with the TT2 I decided to address a very small problem which had been bugging me for ages but as always I've got to be in the mood. So, this evening I needed to properly fix the tonearm board to the subchasis. Now this were things get a little weird. The tonearm board has two small threaded rods which should pass through two drilled holes on the sub chasis and then get bolted into place. Check out these three photos.

So with this photo your looking at the underside of the tonearm board, one of the threads has snapped off, the other is still in great condition.

Here we see two drill holes on the subchassis which should align with the threaded rod on the tonearm board.

Now here is the weird bit, only one drill hole on the otherside of the subchasis. This is where I bolted the tonearm board to the subchasis. ANY IDEAS?

SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast