+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streaming Bit Rate Question....

I'm Russell.

Default Streaming Bit Rate Question....

I have two systems based around streamers. The first is a pimped Bluesound Node 2i, the second is an Advance Paris WTX StreamPro.

I subscribe to Tidal HiFi and Qobuz Studio for Hi Res files.

My question surrounds the Advance Paris WTX Streamer as no matter what I do, I can't get any higher bit rate than CD quality 16/44.1khz, when streaming the identical track from Qobuz via the Node 2i, I can get 24/192khz or whatever the track is available in.

The specs of the WTX StreamPro suggest it can handle up to 24/192khz and even Hans Beekhuyzen says so on his glowing review of this streamer on his YouTube channel.

Any suggestions???

I'm Lawrence.

Is this on both Tidal and Qobuz? Do you know what software it relies on (eg. proprietary or Linux based?)

I remember when I subscribed to Tidal a few years ago the LMS app only allowed me to play it at 16/48. I believe at the time this was a limit Tidal placed on third party apps, that may no longer be the case. I switched to Qobuz and had no such issues.

I'm Geoff.

Which input are you using. On some players, the higher bit rate is only on certain inputs (often usb).

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Which input are you using. On some players, the higher bit rate is only on certain inputs (often usb).
    Do you mean outputs on the streamer ie inputs on a DAC? A streamer would usually only use a USB input for a Bluetooth dongle (definitely not 24/192), external HDD (almost guaranteed 24/192) or firmware update.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Is this on both Tidal and Qobuz? Do you know what software it relies on (eg. proprietary or Linux based?)

I remember when I subscribed to Tidal a few years ago the LMS app only let you play it at 16/48. I believe at the time this was a limit Tidal placed on third party apps, that may no longer be the case. I switched to Qobuz and had no such issues.
    It is the same on Tidal as well as Qobuz. I only subscribe to Tidal's HiFi package, not HiFi Plus which does MQA although that's not supported by this streamer or DAC anyway.

Tried both Coax and Optical outs on the Advance in both Tidal and Qobuz and best is 16/44.1. I get 24/192 using the Node 2i.
    Last edited by Weeman1973; 07-09-2022 at 13:26.

I'm Kevin.

Are you streaming using the Bluetooth option on the Advance Paris WTX StreamPro?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Are you streaming using the Bluetooth option on the Advance Paris WTX StreamPro?
    No, I don’t have the optional Bluetooth dongle.

All streaming done via Ethernet cable

I'm Kevin.

The manufacturer does not specify the output of the device, just the input.
    It may only work at CD quality.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Lawrence.

It would be a bit of a con if that were the case, I struggle to believe they'd think they could get away with it.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It would be a bit of a con if that were the case, I struggle to believe they'd think they could get away with it.
    My thoughts exactly....

I've mailed Advance Paris to clarify - will update if and when I get a reply

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast