+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For September

I'm Dave.

Apparently 18-19 C here now - though I need to check. Dull, and will probably continue that way, but no rain. It has been cold the last few days, and that brought attention to problems with our heating system, but hopefully that has been fixed - at least temporarily. It seems that our heating system is pressurised, and sometimes loses pressure, which causes the pump to become ineffective. Now that I've learned how to repressurise the system, heat has returned, though there may be a need to deal with the part of the system which keeps the pressure up.

I'm reluctant to do anything much with the heating system - which is oil based - as ideally I think we'd like to replace it with a heat pump system - but apart from the evalation of the relative merits - just finding any one competent and able to do the required work before winter really sets in seems hard. A few weeks ago I was told that installation slots were not available until November at the earliest. So I guess we'll just have to struggle on with the boiler for another winter and hopefully replace with a heat pump system next year.

The cold weather and lack of sun came as a bit of a shock after a trip to Italy, where it was both very sunny and really rather hot.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

18c now and light cloud
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

been fairly bright and sunny here last couple of days.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

A cool 11C and sunny.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

14c and wet...dark too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Wet night 14c
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Martin.

Rain all afternoon still going now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

dryed up by lunch time and stayed cloudy. 16c currently
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

livingroom down to 19c... only 10c outside... heating on for a while.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

17C and raining. Maybe my recently seeded lawn might start recovering from the very dry summer.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast