Apparently 18-19 C here now - though I need to check. Dull, and will probably continue that way, but no rain. It has been cold the last few days, and that brought attention to problems with our heating system, but hopefully that has been fixed - at least temporarily. It seems that our heating system is pressurised, and sometimes loses pressure, which causes the pump to become ineffective. Now that I've learned how to repressurise the system, heat has returned, though there may be a need to deal with the part of the system which keeps the pressure up.

I'm reluctant to do anything much with the heating system - which is oil based - as ideally I think we'd like to replace it with a heat pump system - but apart from the evalation of the relative merits - just finding any one competent and able to do the required work before winter really sets in seems hard. A few weeks ago I was told that installation slots were not available until November at the earliest. So I guess we'll just have to struggle on with the boiler for another winter and hopefully replace with a heat pump system next year.

The cold weather and lack of sun came as a bit of a shock after a trip to Italy, where it was both very sunny and really rather hot.