+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime delivery times

I'm malcolm.

Default Amazon Prime delivery times

Does anyone else have issues with Amazon Prime delivery times?

I've had a few occasions (and online chats over them with Amazon) where I have ordered and item it states it will be delivered next day, only to find that as soon as it's ordered the delivery time jumps on by a couple of days. The latest being the "only on vinyl" LP by Seasick Steve which I pre-ordered from Amazon on 17 June and was eagerly expecting it yesterday 23 Sept (its release date) only to be told it will arrive on 27th! And looking at the live listing for the item on Amazon it says that if I ordered a copy today I would receive it tomorrow.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Grant.

ive had that happen too... there can be various reasons i guess. ive stopped buying stuff that has a waiting time as its often not the best way
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Yes I've noticed it too. I think it started with the first covid lockdown.

before that next day pretty much always meant next day.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I have had multiple problems with Amazon Prime deliveries. Late deliveries, damaged items. Packages thrown over my back garden (2m high fence) onto concrete paving tiles when (due to my disability) I could not reach the front door within 30 secs.

After repeated complaints with no improvement, I cancelled my Prime account last month.

Since then, I am repeated nagged to rejoin and the delivery delays have worsened. Could this possibility be a nasty incentive to rejoin. Items that I could have delivered next day with Prime are sometimes taking weeks to arrive, with repeated delay notifications.

I hate Amazon more and more each day.

I'm Martin.

I don't use them as much as I used to but still maybe once a month or so and only for stuff I can't get from local businesses.

I ordered a frying pan, did not show up but showed as delivered. Contacted Amazon and they refunded me right away, no quibbles or arguing the toss. Then I found the pan in the recycling bin of the house next door (no-one lives there).

I contacted them again and told them I'd now found it and to charge me.

Was impressed that they did not mess me about with the refund so I stick with them for now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

i get lots off them, for both me and son. i also get a monthly supply of stuff which was delivered bang on yesterday. most issues i find are stuff ive ordered that wont be available for say 3 weeks. then its 4; 5 etc. so i usually cancel and buy it elsewhere or occasionally amazon and get it next day. but normally most(98%+) is fine.
    they keep asking me to take out a business account lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lloyd.

I’ve noticed and had the same issues and for what it’s worth there has been quite a few mentions on SHFs of the same thing in the US , where depending upon pre order price gtee considerations it seems others often cancel one and get it earlier , for myself a few days doesn’t really matter
    A widower finding solace in music

I'm Geoff.

Are you part Womble?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't use them as much as I used to but still maybe once a month or so and only for stuff I can't get from local businesses.

I ordered a frying pan, did not show up but showed as delivered. Contacted Amazon and they refunded me right away, no quibbles or arguing the toss. Then I found the pan in the recycling bin of the house next door (no-one lives there).

I contacted them again and told them I'd now found it and to charge me.

Was impressed that they did not mess me about with the refund so I stick with them for now.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Are you part Womble?
    lol - I don't know why it occurred to me to look in there but I did. The bin itself is pristine, never been used.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm John.

Have had two occasions when items have not turned up, complained and had instant refund, which I thought was very good. I contacted by email and asked for a telephone call from them, and after five minutes received a call and had my money back and an apology.

On another occasion an item arrived after 10 p.m. I contacted them in the same way, had a good moan, and the money was reimbursed to my account because the ''after 10 p.m. cut-off delivery time'' was breached.

No real complaints from me, as I do buy a lot of repeat stuff like kitchen rolls, soap and other household items, as it's chore going to the supermarkets, and also a great deal cheaper.

Perhaps the delivery drivers around this part of the country are better behaved as throwing stuff over walls and fences is very bad and is enough to put any one off.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast