+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio streamer suggestions please...

I'm Grant.

i used a mini laptop. hp zbook. it worked very well but i rarely use it now as im just using cans and moved the roon stuff to my bigger zbook.(i like zbooks lol) buy them second hand tho as they are pricy. trouble with most units is they do need a screen to see what your doing.. so maybe a little monitor for the apple?? good think about a laptop is it comes with a screen. and can fold away neatly.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Ifi Stream

I have one and it is excellent. Currently available for £359

If you don't have a DAC a cheapo from Topping or SMSL will suffice.

https://www.audioaffair.co.uk/ifi-au...RoC7zEQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    At the moment, about £350. It's literally only got to provide a digital signal so doesn't need to be a £64,000 dCS.

It will be for casual rather than critical listening.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Thanks kindly. The Wiim doesn't have storage playback or digital output, but I'll dig through the other manufacturers you mentioned.

I did stumble across the Yamaha WXC-50. They seem to go for around £200 which is good. That'll do me for now I reckon.
    The Wiim does have optical out, and it's very good.

I'm George.

iFi Stream is a great sounding streamer and just a shade above your budget but shop around.

I'm Geoff.

£9 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    iFi Stream is a great sounding streamer and just a shade above your budget but shop around.

I'm Kev.

Sounds like a thread I might 'piggy-back' ride!!

Currently use a HTPC to deliver audio (via USB to a Topping E30...which is great!)...but thinking now of a dedicated player....to get audio ‘away’ from my PC.
    Not interested in streaming services of any kind...audio collection stored 100% on hard drives.
    Also....not looking to subscribe (pay!!) for any ‘library’ type services....like Roon.

What might I be looking at here.....some initial pointers would be appreciated......??

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I'll have a look at the iFi Stream. Thanks.

Yes, I definitely have a DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by mr sneff View Post
    The Wiim does have optical out, and it's very good.
    Sadly I need USB or Coax as my optical input is already in use.

I'm Colin.

Like Kev I am more interested in using a cd storage type mechanism so I have and will be collecting a Zen mini with power supply tomorrow. Part of my road trip to visit HiFi shop.Wife’s delighted. However much as the initial post mention no Raspberry pi I have used a pi in the aluminium case for last 9 months and it’s been great . Very reasonable option as well
    Colin

I'm Lawrence.

I'll be selling one of my Liv Zens soon (early Innuos). As they are no longer supported for the latest Innuos software I have upgraded then to the latest Vortexbox software and they work very well for ripping, storing and playing files (2Tb hard drive) plus DLNA for NAS storage (I believe, not tried it myself) and streaming plus apps like BBC Sounds, Tune in radio etc.

I'm Ian.

I use an Auralic Aries Mini which pop up occasionally on ebay. It's an easy job to fit an internal SSD disc and can be controlled using the Auralic software via iPad and other Mac devices. It has an internal DAC or can output to an external one. Sound quality is very good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast