+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avance Concrete 200 MKII's

I'm Dan.

Default Avance Concrete 200 MKII's

Hi All

Rather rare so collecting them tomorrow Danish heritage has anyone owned a pair the company started in 1973 and this series was good found few bits online but this these specific ones

The first one on the left from this photo are the 200's https://onlinestores.discountsale202...B8jtalere&id=2

Worth a punt for beer money think they are 40kg

http://www.avance-audio.dk/c162.html
    Last edited by dantheman91; 18-08-2022 at 19:10.
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Steve.

Wow, surely a misprint or something! Where are they coming from? Is that price per pair? It says free shipping over $38, which given their weight seems too good to be true, so might it be cheaper to buy 2 pairs at that price. Really interested to see how you get on...

Did you find any other info on them? No matter, at that price they have to be worth a punt.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

I remember reading about them when they were a thing, from what I remember they were considered to be rather good. I suspect the inertness of the cabinets helps greatly to get clarity and definition, much like the famous Wilsons and Rockport speakers, both very heavy with little cabinet colouration.

It will be very interesting to know how you find them.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I remember reading about them when they were a thing, from what I remember they were considered to be rather good. I suspect the inertness of the cabinets helps greatly to get clarity and definition, much like the famous Wilsons and Rockport speakers, both very heavy with little cabinet colouration.

It will be very interesting to know how you find them.
    F**king heavy, I'm guessing!

They are indeed a blast from the past and a bit of a rarity. Do keep us posted with pictures.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dan.

Hi All

I passed in them in the end the foams for the surrounds on the bass units were rotted though looks like they can be sourced the plan was to plug an play not buy and store as space in a issue damn right they were super heavy would have been a nice project but needs must unfortunately

Who knows what comes up next always a next time for hunting never say never
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Wow, surely a misprint or something! Where are they coming from? Is that price per pair? It says free shipping over $38, which given their weight seems too good to be true, so might it be cheaper to buy 2 pairs at that price. Really interested to see how you get on...

Did you find any other info on them? No matter, at that price they have to be worth a punt.
    I'm assuming that website is a scam it has a .ru URL. Dan must have just included it to show a photo of the speakers. I hope!!

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

...and none of the site's links such as About Us or FAQ work. As the saying goes, if something feels too good to be true...

+ Reply to Thread