+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stumped

I'm James.

Default Stumped

This should probably be in the AV section but wanted as many views as poss,obviously mods feel free to move it Right I have my sky box plugged into hdmi 1 on the TV, soundbar into hdmi 2(arc) and yesterday added a hdmi splitter, 2 into 1, into hdmi 3, xbox and blu ray player go into the splitter, I tested it yesterday and the splitter worked great, it takes power from the blu ray player or xbox and has a toggle button to switch between the two. After a quick test, picture and sound worked great, I turned the xbox and blu ray player off and put the sky box on, no sound from the soundbar? I checked and re checked cables and I hadn't changed any TV settings but still no sound. Only thing that's changed is the hdmi switcher so I removed it and bingo, sound. Any ideas anyone? Ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

sounds like you're using a passive splitter. try an active one with its own psu.

i will move it later

I'm James.

Yes Grant, passive, but I dont understand why it should have an effect when it isn't being used?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Yes Grant, passive, but I dont understand why it should have an effect when it isn't being used?
    it might be getting powered from the hdmi socket of tv, or the tv's hdmi socket its plugged into is seeing it as active as its being powered up by one of the units its connected to. disconnecting both units would be a test i guess to see. its taking power and possibly a lock signal from them. if its an active it may not but only trying will prove it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it might be getting powered from the hdmi socket of tv, or the tv's hdmi socket its plugged into is seeing it as active as its being powered up by one of the units its connected to. disconnecting both units would be a test i guess to see. its taking power and possibly a lock signal from them. if its an active it may not but only trying will prove it.
    Aah kinda makes sense even though it isn't showing its powered up, had a similar issue with an active dac that would lock on to the strongest signal and was reluctant to switch. Oddly though the TV showed up with mute?

I'm Lawrence.

HDMI ARC is the bane of my life. Why they can't just get them to consistently work between manufacturers is beyond me. I can't be sure this is an issue with ARC but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    HDMI ARC is the bane of my life. Why they can't just get them to consistently work between manufacturers is beyond me. I can't be sure this is an issue with ARC but it wouldn't surprise me.
    Are there issues with ARC then? My soundbar is connected to the ARC input

I'm Grant.

Here’s how to fix most HDMI ARC issues:

1. With everything powered on, disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    2. Power off all devices.
    3. Disconnect all devices from their power outlets.
    4. Wait a few minutes, then reconnect power to the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    5. Power on all of the devices.
    6. Wait a few more minutes, then reconnect the HDMI cables to the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    7. If it’s still not working, make sure the CEC setting on your TV is enabled.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Here’s how to fix most HDMI ARC issues:

1. With everything powered on, disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    2. Power off all devices.
    3. Disconnect all devices from their power outlets.
    4. Wait a few minutes, then reconnect power to the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    5. Power on all of the devices.
    6. Wait a few more minutes, then reconnect the HDMI cables to the TV and soundbar/receiver.
    7. If it’s still not working, make sure the CEC setting on your TV is enabled.
    Thank you

+ Reply to Thread